Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4694124 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #9900 on: October 24, 2013, 06:22:31 am »
Got all my deer meat cleaned and cut up Yesterday evening and Miss Joanie got it wrapped and in the freezer,freezer is looking pretty good. ;) :) Now I can feel good about going out hunting again and plan on just that this evening. ;) :)Youth hunt this weekend so we can't hunt. :( I have 4 youngens coming and need to get their places set up Friday. Good thing is I will get some time in the shop and I need that, just hard to fit in when I can hunt. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9901 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
Aw, come on now Pappy.  Takin the youngins out aint so bad.  :laugh: Experiencing a youth taking their first deer is one of the biggest joys in hunting in my opinion.  Good to hear that you will get some shop time and get away from all that deer slaying!! That's hard work!  Tough being you I'd bet. >:D
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9902 on: October 24, 2013, 09:07:15 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D don't mind at all,been several first kills on the farm,Deer/squirrels and Turkey, got a new little girl this weekend , a good friend of mines grand daughter,hope we can get her first. If not is is always fun watching them and the excitement they have before they go out , the fun they have while in camp and not around the tube or computer/cell phone,don't allow that while they are there and after a short while they don't even seem to mind. :o  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #9903 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:43 am »
One of life's simple pleasures to be sure.  My youngest (10) is on a quest to get his first deer this weekend. :)
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #9904 on: October 24, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »
Deer season in full swing!
 Miss y'all.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9905 on: October 25, 2013, 05:51:10 am »
Yes it is Jesse and about time to start doing some brain tanning now the freezer is full. ;) :) :)  and weather has cooled a little.Friday and very nice cold day for us, Plan on have a good weekend,youth hunt so I will have some kids over to try their hand at killing deer. :) :) I have 4 ranging from 8-14 years so it should be interesting at the least.  :) Hope to get in some shop time while they are in the woods and really looking forward to that,seen 3 nice doe's last evening but no cigar,guess I am done for a few days and the break will be welcome.Hope yall have a good one.See ya Monday. :) Life is Good. ;) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #9906 on: October 27, 2013, 08:31:30 am »
Looks like you're having quite a successful hunt at Twin Oaks, this year.  Good on ya guys.  Still hoping to make it down this year.  Depends on the  new job.  They're pretty understanding of this kinda thing.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9907 on: October 27, 2013, 09:07:26 am »
Did John find that Buck?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9908 on: October 28, 2013, 06:12:20 am »
NO Eddie. : Matt hope it works out.(  Had a great weekend with the kids,none killed on my place but a coupled killed by some of our kids ,the kids had fun anyway,ripping and running,shooting and playing while they weren't in the woods. Ate good and lots of time in the shop for me and some of the guys. I got Rocky's Osage nocks cut in and on the tiller stick,also got some pitch glue made up and some walnut stain.Allen got his Osage almost to a ring[challenging piece of wood] and Chuck got his Mullberry laid out and cut to shape. Here are some pictures of the fun. First was my bucks cut up and ready to package. I got home Friday to a package from Jim Powell [JP Enterprises.] Anyone that has been to the Classic knows Jim. He has started a knife business and wanted me to have one of the first from his shop.Very cool knife. ;) ;);) :) Then a knife Dan is got in the works in our shop. ;) Walnut handles and looking really good.
  Pappy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:07:19 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9909 on: October 28, 2013, 06:22:28 am »
Kids start showing up Friday evening. Jamston was the first and very excited.Great kid. Getting my pitch and wax  started for the glue. Guys hanging out around the fire Friday night trying to figure the best place for the kids to hunt.
Osage and Mullberry in the works. Sally just taking it in,she loves it when I am there all weekend. ;) :) I tried something different for my red oak charcoal,I never seemed to be able to get it fine enough,man the blender turns it to powder. ;) :)Worked great and make the glue really smooth. :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:09:25 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9910 on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:17 am »
Marking and cutting in the nocks on the Osage I am building for Rocky. Allen chasing a ring on some tough Osage and getting the pitch glue on sticks,it takes some testing to get the right blend but I think I hit this one just right. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9911 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:13 am »
Logan Blackman with a nice spike buck Saturday. [RangerB's son] then just hanging out with Sally till the other kids get in. More glue should have enough
for a while. ;) :) :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9912 on: October 28, 2013, 06:34:45 am »
More glue ready. Chuck and Allen stayed hard at it most of the morning. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9913 on: October 28, 2013, 06:39:38 am »
Chuck's bow ready for nocks and long string tillering. Walnut stain in the works. ;) :) Supper Saturday night,back strap and taters.  :) Chris[sodbuster] took this young man and got his 2nd deer,nice doe. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9914 on: October 28, 2013, 06:43:26 am »
Few more of the kids,I think we will be leaving things in pretty good hands if all the kids turn out and well mannered and behaved as these are.  Great bunch:) :) :) Great time and loved sharing it with them. ;) :) :)That's it for now. :) :)   Life is Good. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good