Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4672402 times)

Offline seabass

Re: Life is good
« Reply #7950 on: June 21, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »
have a final-final for me too Pappy.i can't wait to make it down for the ibo.i am starting another bow this week.gonna try to get it to blank stage,then finish it down there.i'm going to the doctor next week.something is wrong with my back.i hope i can get it straightened out in time for my trip down.see you soon.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #7951 on: June 21, 2012, 06:59:44 pm »
Good luck on your back, Seabass.  Hoping Wee-Wicki will decide to enter the world soon.  The sooner he decides, the better my chances for making the IBO.   8)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7952 on: June 22, 2012, 12:57:20 am »
Matt, that big date is approaching. Best of luck to you and Heather. You know we all expect pics!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7953 on: June 22, 2012, 07:08:11 am »
Hope things go good with your back Steve. Matt I hope it works out but can't rush a good thing. ;) :) :) Tell Heather good luck  ,we are expecting big things out of her,she is a trooper and I know she will do fine. :) :) If you don't make it I will for sure see yall in August. :) Friday and hot,headed down as soon as I can and got lots to do. BigA and I started on or new numbers last light and got 3 sets of 20 and 1 set of 41 done last night on one side,just got to do the other side.Hope to get time to finish tweeking the tiller on my Osage bow tonight so I can finish it up for the IBO world.If not I may have to shoot another bow,I really wanted to shoot it but time is running short. :( We plan to start finishing up the clean up on the ranges and start setting them. I have taken on the Hunter challenge range to do and that will take a while. I will get some help I am sure but it is up to me to be sure it is up to the standard we always try to have on any of our courses,you can't just run out and throw out some targets and make that happen,so it takes a lot of time. Hope yall have a good one,stay cool.Life is Good. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Will H

« Reply #7954 on: June 22, 2012, 10:06:02 am »
Ill be down after work round 4:30. ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #7955 on: June 22, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
See ya guys in a few weeks.  Helping my brother move from St Louis to Memphis.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7956 on: June 25, 2012, 06:51:08 am »
Great weekend,got a lot done on the ranges,not many pictures[to busy] ;) ;)
We had a pretty good turn out for Saturday and man was it hot. I did manage to get my Osage finished and shot in,other than that just work around the club.Good time never the less. :) Here are a few pictures of the fun.Hope yall had a good one also. :) ;) New numbers,1/8 steel/powder coated,should last as long as we do. ;) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7957 on: June 25, 2012, 06:56:45 am »
Ron and Will getting the trailers up in shape for the shoot. Clay broke his arm last week,he is doing fine and wanted everyone to sign it.Bev and Sweet pea just relaxing.Will and GregB doing a little picking after a hot afternoon working. ;) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7958 on: June 25, 2012, 06:59:55 am »
BigA and Will getting in a little napping time.Will and myself shooting in our new Osage bows Saturday evening. Both turned out nice [so far] ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7959 on: June 25, 2012, 07:06:52 am »
Me doing a little visiting with my brother.KingRon and myself were the only 2 left Sat.evening so we went and spread some lime in the food plots,collected some pine sap and also found a nice Burl off a sassafras tree. My new bow and a dozen new Cain arrows that seem to fly very nice out of it. That's it for this week,very busy and getting close to having things in shape for the up coming event,love it but will be glad when things get back to normal.Life is Good. ;) :) :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7960 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:42 am »
Looks like another good weekend. Hope y'all don't get this rain we're having. I'm starting to grow gills. TS Debby is dumping some rain on us.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #7961 on: June 25, 2012, 09:21:43 am »
That bow turned out nice, Pappy.  Glad you were able to find time to finish it.  Mullet, looks like you're right in the thick of it.  Don't let any of your bow wood float away!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7962 on: June 27, 2012, 06:18:29 am »
Thinking about you Eddie,hope all in OK. Drier than a chip up here. :) :) Thanks Matt,it shoots nice,had Miss Joanie do the writing on it and plan on shooting it a bit more ,then on to the finish work.  :) No little Wikie yet ?  :) I did get my old hand drill press put back together,man that thing is sweet,I will take some pictures this week.Very cool how they built something like that in that time period. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #7963 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:30 am »
  That recurve came out nice Pappy, are you going to post more photos once you have the finish done?

Offline MWirwicki

« Reply #7964 on: June 27, 2012, 09:36:35 am »
Nope.  No Wee-Wickie, yet.  Dont' know how she can get much bigger.  Miss Heather insisted on going to the NASCAR race a couple of weekends ago.  It was 90+ degrees in the infield.  While there, she swallowed a tire. :laugh: ;D :laugh:  (She's gonna kill me...)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI