Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4633582 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Life is good
« Reply #18615 on: January 24, 2022, 03:18:46 am »
Glad to hear Everyone is Ok Pappy  (A) ! Trucks can be replaced, God Bless - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Otis

« Reply #18616 on: January 24, 2022, 08:37:24 am »
Glad everyone was alright Pappy.  I would have bet that young lady could have heard your truck coming since you upgraded it. :)  Hopefully you and Joanie won't have any lingering stiffness from the wreck.

David

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #18617 on: January 24, 2022, 09:14:26 am »
Sorry to hear pappy glad you guys and the others are okay. Must be something in the air, a guy ran into my wife dropping the kids off at school last week. Everyone was okay but the Van is totaled. Always better to deal with pain in the butt insurance companies then dealing with people in the hospital

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18618 on: January 24, 2022, 09:16:50 am »
Thanks guys, yes we seem to be good this morning,a little sore in my chest and arms but that's about it, yep trucks can be replaced, we will see what the insurance says but with both air bags going off and all the other damage I really doubt it can be repaired, hope it can cause like I said I love that truck and just spent close to 4,000.00 on it having an up grade on the engine and a few other odds and ends done. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18619 on: January 24, 2022, 05:21:18 pm »
Glad y'all are alright 👍👍
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18620 on: January 25, 2022, 06:29:08 am »
Thanks Brian, hadn't heard from you in a while, good to see you on here.  :)Hope all is well with you.  ;)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18621 on: January 25, 2022, 07:26:36 am »
Sorry to see this Pappy.Things happen in a hurry.It's good no permanent injuries happened.Our old bones can't take a whole lot of that.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline gifford

« Reply #18622 on: January 25, 2022, 03:43:12 pm »
Glad to hear you and the missus are okay. Sounds like a heck of wreck. Hope you were able to avoid the 'air bag' broken nose and black eyes.

The airbags are a great safety feature but replacement costs with most collisions till the scale to the 'total' side of insurance equation.

Good luck on your negotiations and getting well/better.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18623 on: January 26, 2022, 09:16:08 am »
I hear ya Ed, yep don't heal as quick as I use to. No black eyes gifford, knocked Miss Joanie's glasses around but no damage to her pretty face, ;) the air bags on my truck kind of come out from the top of the dash ,so guess that's a good thing, did break the wind shield so you can imagine what it would do to your face.  :-\ , Just waiting on the adjuster, hate truck shopping so wished they would let me know soon so i can decide and get this over with.  :) Got to have a big truck and hate buying used on something I don't really know about but new ones like this is just so darn high.  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #18624 on: January 26, 2022, 10:09:47 am »
We just got paid out on my wife's vehicle that got totaled from a guy that hit her. Hate to be the one to tell you pappy but wait till you go car shopping. The prices are through the roof. All the dealers by me are adding a market adjustment. We were looking at a car that was $40,000 and then the dealer is marking it up another $15,000. Inflation and price gouging is ridiculous right now. My whole life if you paid MSRP you are a sucker. Nowadays if you pay MSRP you are one lucky fellow

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18625 on: January 26, 2022, 10:15:26 am »
I paid less for my first 2 houses than it would cost for a new truck today. In 1995 I bought a 1994, F150 with less than 9000 miles on it for $11k. I still have it and couldn't get $2k for it now.I'd get less than that from insurance if it were wrecked. I need a new(to me) vehicle but not until prices regulate a bit. I've always had good luck with used, low mileage vehicles and our long time auto mechanic always approves of them first.
 Good luck, Pappy. I don't envy you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BrianS

« Reply #18626 on: January 26, 2022, 10:52:40 am »
Pappy,
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad nobody was hurt bad. Good luck with your search for a new truck.
take care,
brian

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18627 on: January 26, 2022, 01:07:45 pm »
Just catching up here. Sorry to hear about your truck Pappy but so glad your all ok.

I’m just going to say, glad I’m not truck shopping. I probably should have been a year ago, but now it’s going to have to last till the wheels fall off.

Glad your family is ok to Paul

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #18628 on: January 26, 2022, 02:17:23 pm »
Glad everyone involved is ok! Sorry Pappy, I just helped my son replace his truck, 2014 toyota tundra was still 32K out the door....
Good luck in truck world whether you can buy yours back and get it fixed or if you gotta get a new/used one....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18629 on: January 26, 2022, 05:09:57 pm »
Thanks guys, good news, the truck can be fixed, 16,000.00 to repair 😊😊😊😊, now if they can get the parts, he said no frame damage. Just parts and could fix good as new,I know the guy really well and have dealt with him several time as I did with his farther before him and Grand father before that so we go way back and I trust his judgement. Feel very blessed right now.😊 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good