Author Topic: what me and ian do  (Read 8058 times)

Offline recurve shooter

what me and ian do
« on: February 15, 2010, 05:11:48 pm »
these are some random pictures of me and my buddy ian from over the summer, and a video of one of the reasons i like crack barrel shot guns. hope yall get a kick out of these. we sure had fun doing it all.

here are two of me bowfishing from a bridge.

lets just shoot it

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: what me and ian do
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:14:24 pm »
looks like fun, man!  Ive never bow fished before, but I love archery and I love to fish so Guess what I am gonna learn to do this summer?  :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:21:32 pm »
oops hit the post button to soon. here are the rest of em.

these are the first 3 gar i shot with my bow

this is a big cotton mouth that i shot in the top of the head with the bowfishing arrow as he swam under a bridge. best shot i have ever made. took the pic after i took him off the arrow.

and this is me happily filling the hole for my pocket set with pulverized fish.

and here is a random little video of the little crack barrel shotgun i carry in my pack

lets just shoot it

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 05:32:20 pm »
Cool pics. Looks like you had at least one flounder in that creek, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 05:40:07 pm »
oh yeah i caught that thing the same day on a pice of snake...which i shot with my bow.  ;D sorry forgot that the flounder was in there  :P
lets just shoot it

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 07:02:40 pm »
cool pics and vid what brand was the shotty i have a H&R shotty like that but the barrel is much shorter and has a collapsible stock hehe here is a pic and i can put the longer barrel on it for longer range shooting 

[attachment deleted by admin]
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:29 pm »
thanks. the shotgun is just a little stevens i picked up at a pawn shop for fifty bucks, thats y i kinda treat it like crap. i like yours!
lets just shoot it

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:11:15 am »
thanx and thats a good price that u payed i love pawn shop deals  ;D
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:05 am »
  Cool pictures. I wouldn't treat that little shotgun like crap. I don't know how many guns I bought over the years for $20, $50, that I got tired of and damn near gave away. Today, I know of one $65 , 45 cal. Submachine gun replica in semi-auto that is worth about a grand that I traded for a $125 book.

They all go up in value.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 01:37:26 am »
Mr. Eddie i dont really treat it that bad i just dont baby it like i do most of my guns.
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 04:17:57 am »

Cool pictures, and video.....So did Ian get wet also? ::)  Uh.....that cotton mouth, would just be a snack for the ones down here.  ;D He is a bit on the skinny side also.  ::) Still I would not want to be bit by it.  :o You ever hunt any of the Nutria or Capybara?  8) Or are they in your area?
                                                                              Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 08:29:41 am »
lol yeah i know those snakes get alot bigger but the fact that i shot this one through the top of the head with a bow is why i was proud. as for the nutria and capybara, i never heard of the capybara, but with nutria, i just dont have any places where they are that i can hunt on. they are all over the place down where i bowfish but i dont have permission to hunt anywhere down there. well, off to check coon traps.
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:59 pm »

Recurve Shooter;
     I would be proud also.  Hitting a snake in the head, while it is swimming, is not easy.  The Capybara, is a South American rodent, like the nutria.  Just imagine a light brown, 40-50lb guinea pig, with BIG buck teeth.  We had one around the Palm Beach County airport, and they had a heck of a time catching it.  8) They are also water rodents.  You need to come down, and try to shoot some of these lizards, and cobras, and pythons, boas, and such.  ;D The idiots in Cape Coral, are inundated with water monitors, and they are eating everything they can catch.  They are wiping out the natural fauna.  The officials, say, well we just don't know what to about them.  Well D'uh!!  Bang.  Oooh there's another one...Bang.   Problem solved.  ;) No guns in the neighborhood? ::)  Nock.  Creak......Twang, Swhoosh, thump!  Problem solved!...... ;D
     So what do you do with the coons you catch?  Is there much market for the skins?  Meat?  Good luck on the trapping, and try taking a machete with you, so you can cut your way around those little deep creeks..... ;D  I have a little H&R single shot 12 guage, that my brother gave me.  He got it from a neighbor, and it needed an ejector spring retainer, so I just made one out of an old drill bit that was broken.  I save those kind of things just for those kind of fixes...... 8)  A Friend of mine used to live on the intracoastal, and not too far from the Boyton Inlet, and he had a 16 foot John boat, that he would take out to the ocean early in the morning when the ocean was flat as glass, and take his single barrel shotgun, and shoot flying fish! :o  A lot of fun, but not exactly legal. ::)

Wayne

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 05:48:16 pm »
Cool Stuff man. bowfishins fun. snow wont open up here or thaw out for a while to do it though.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »
yeah man trappins fun but cold.

stickbender, man that would be fun. is it leagle to kill that stuff down there? im pretty sure we dont have the giant guinnea pigs in louisiana, but that would be interesting to trap. i love stickin stuff with that bowfishin arra. as for the coons, this is only the second year i have really messed with trappin, and because im in highschool, and my friend is in collage, and the trappin propertie is about ten or fifteen miles from the house, so we can only trap on weekends. needless to say, we dont exactly catch them by the truck loads. but on the occasions where we do catch a few i pop em in the head with my .22 and go home and skin em. untill now i never really knew what to do with the hides but jeffutley hooked me up with the stuff to tan, so hopefully over the summer we will be makeing some new quivers.  ;D

as for the meat, if you cut out the glands and be carefull not to let the hair touch the meat, its pretty tasty. pawpaw soaks it in bbq sauce and cooks it up in the oven. i guess i would say its kinda like a cross between pork and turtle if that makes any sence lol.  ;D
lets just shoot it