Author Topic: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible  (Read 47657 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New Traditional Bowyer's Bible
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2007, 12:26:22 pm »
...so thanks to Jim, Paul, Tim and to all of other contributers to our world of real traditional and primitive archery but it ain't over yet...we've got a long way to go, and after all, it is the journey that is important. I am looking forward to a new generation as I continue to appreciate these origional, modern contributors.  Thanks guys for "passing it on"!   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bow4elk

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2007, 09:14:56 pm »
Would love to see a comprehensive section on vine maple by John Strunk. ;D

Jim Hamm

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2007, 11:42:09 pm »
After talking it over, we've decided you guys are right, we'll officially call this one simply TBB 4.

We've also added a chapter on laminated all wood bows by Mike Westvang.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Jim

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2007, 07:48:29 pm »
COOOLLLL!!!! I am totaly drooling. I am looking forward to the section on laminated bows. Will he be going into two laminations and more? What woods work best for what? Can you all write faster so I can get the copy into my greedy little hands by tomarrow?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Susquehannock

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2007, 01:54:18 am »
Jim and contributors,

My sincere "thank you" for introducing us to the world of wood bowyery and keeping the age old tradition alive. Because of your series and commitment to educate, I and many others have developed a passion to pursue this simple, yet fulfilling craft. I only hope that the series continues well beyond our time and can only imagine my son or grandson someday picking up my worn set of Bowyers Bibles and feeling the same enjoyment. Looking forward to reading this new edition!

Thanks, Jason

tim baker

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2007, 06:39:28 pm »
Jason:  Several of us have had similar satisfying thoughts: That some day in the distant future a young man will be exploring the family attic and come across old and tattered TBBs, become suddenly transported into this primitive realm, shortly to begin roaming nearby wood for straight trunks or limbs. Tim

Offline Dane

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
Tim, and Jim, if it wasn't for the two of you, and your compadres who created the Bowyer's Bibles and blazed so many trails, I would never have discovered the joys and frustrations of this ancient art and craft. Thanks, and I will always be grateful.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 10:09:47 am »
I have but two passions in life (well, that arent my family).....flintlocks and primitive archery (but there is hardly anything "primitive" about a well finished wood bow!).

When I here that the masters are coming out with a new Bible.....I starting saving ye pennies!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Tom Mills

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 03:48:58 pm »
I was really surprised and honored to be asked to contribute my small bit to this volume!  Like many of you out there, I learned to make bows from these guys and from reading these books.  So it's incredibly cool to be asked to be a part of this - especially me...just some dope who's got a crazy affliction for prehistoric technology, and one too many hobbies for his own good!

So double thanks!  As I've said before, it should be illegal to have so much fun!

Tom

Offline jpitts

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43:31 am »
Well said Dane....My sentiments exactly......
Thanks Tim, Jim and all the other's. I can't wait till the next one comes out
Jimmy / Dallas, Georgia

Dalebow

« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2007, 12:46:51 pm »
Great, I need all the help I can get :)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2007, 01:03:39 pm »
This is amusing. You guys remind me of my kids waiting for the new Harry Potter book to come out.  Oh wait, I guess I'm included in that you guys statement. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

crookedbow

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2007, 09:52:06 pm »
To Jim Hamm======Would like a copy of the new Bowyers Bible.  When, Where and how much...Crookedbow (charles wendt)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2007, 11:19:40 pm »
Hey Charlie, You found us. Welcome back.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

davkt

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2007, 02:48:06 pm »
Fantastic, add me to the list of requests for a signed copy,
David