Author Topic: new possibles bag  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: new possibles bag
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:06:34 am »
Thanks Justin. I love hand stitching. It is good therapy!  This upholstery leather is very nice and works well. The leather I have is what gets thrown away.              I'm just happy to be able to sit long enough to cut out, punch holes and stitch.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 01:05:26 pm »
Very nice work Pat,I like that a lot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Lombard

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »
Hello Pat, I really can't tell looking at the photos, but the stitching on the shoulder strap; is that decorative or do you sew stiffer leather inside it for strength? I like your work, functional, and it looks tough.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 12:23:12 am »
Thanks Lombard.   The stitching on the strap is both decorative and functional. The strap is a wider piece of leather folded so the seam is in the middle of the strap. It is glued with contact cement but I stitch it to hold it together but also to keep the strap from stretching and it adds some texture to keep the strap from sliding off your shoulder. There is no stiffer leather sewn inside.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline AndrewS

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:33 am »
Great work! I like it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 11:44:04 am »
This bag and the quiver got to the recipients on Saturday. I've heard they love them. Maybe a few pics will be posted but that is up to the recipients parents.  ;D