Author Topic: Two ugly Daggers.  (Read 4210 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: Two ugly Daggers.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:25 am »
 8) 8) 8)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 09:30:36 am »
I figured that was one of those chunks I sent ya Jesse - man you did it justice!

I'd like to take ya up on that offer Timo!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 09:57:22 am »
That is really cool!  Just out of curiosity, how many hours in one of those?

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 10:49:44 am »
Timo it would be real cool to set down with him.
 There is about 5 hours in one.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:01:56 am »
  Those are incredible, Jesse. You'll have it figured out before Claude moves up there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 11:34:20 pm »
Thanks.  I had no idea, I actually thought it would be more.  Don't forget the time it took you to get there though!  People ask me how long it takes me to make a mug, I tell them 15 yrs and 15-20 minutes.  When they look at me funny I tell them it took me 15 years to be able to make a mug in 15 to 20 minutes.  I found that if I told them 15 to 20 minutes, I'd get this "you want how much for 15-20 minutes of work?!" look. The expressions are different when they look at the price tags after that too.   It's easier than telling them 15-20 minutes plus mixing the clay, pugging the clay, weighing the clay, throwing the mug (the 15-20 min part),cutting a foot, attaching a handle, doing the 1st decorating, moving to piece into a bisque kiln, removing the piece, doing a second decorating, glazing, wadding, setting, firing, salting, removing the piece, cleaning up the piece, cleaning up the kiln,  packing the piece, driving here, and then waiting for you to come here and ask me a question about my work(which is not a bad thing).  If I told them an hour and a half the would look at me with a "damm you suck" look!   ;D 

Again seriously nice work.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.