Author Topic: A good pipe  (Read 23946 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: A good pipe
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 01:17:22 am »

Yeah, fer sure Dude.  I noticed that right away......I was told by the guy who went to Turkey for the......"Stuff", that the Dark Stuff, was mixed with camel dung.  At least that is what he was told.  I don't know.  I guess that is what made it really good $..t! ;D
Yeah, I guess it could kinda make you want to whittle on something larger than a peg, or get so mellow, that you want to break rocks, into smaller pieces, just for exercise   ::)......or get used to busing bigger rocks for the State...... :o  I have some stone that I bought at a Pow Wow, and it was supposed to be Pipe Stone, (Catlinite sp? )  But it is really hard to saw.  It is like red brick.  I tried sawing a chunk, and after an hour, and wearing out my rod saw, I put it up.  I guess I will have to wait to get some from Wyoming, when I pass through.

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:39 am »
This Catlinite is as soft as Soapstone nearly...hand shaped and drilled easy as pie...came from the Quarry in Minny-Soda....... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 02:27:02 am »

Supposedly that is where this came from, but I doubt it.  I don't know what it is, but sure isn't soft like soapstone.
I had Cousins that lived in St. Paul, but moved to Trego Wisconsin.  Thought one day I might drive across country when I move out there, and visit, and try to get some from the quarry.  Wherever it is , ....Minny na polis? ;D
                                                                                 Wayne.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 03:23:56 am »

...   It was just after they passed the law, that no matter if you were in the military or not, if you got caught in a foreign country with any of...... that .....Stuff  ::).....you were subject to their laws, and you would have no recourse through the American Embassy.  ....

Does this eventually mean that... stuff... is illigal in some sort of way??  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Frank from Germany...

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:59 am »

Well, not in certain clubs, in Amsterdamn...... ;D

Wayne

Offline Badger

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 04:27:00 am »
I just started fooling around making pipes a few weeks ago. I think wild rose is used, cherry is high on the list as is plumb wood. The burl of any of these woods is prefferable. The curing process for the burl takes years, they bioil it for hours to remove the oils, they want the wood not so heavy and pourous. I have been selecting plumb branches that have a small branch comming off at about 30 degrees or so that I use for the stem. Very addictive just like bow making. I think I am going to concentrate on the plumb as it is easy for me to get. If you can find woody briar, I think rose or green briar are best. Steve

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:15 am »

Well, not in certain clubs, in Amsterdamn...... ;D

Wayne

Uuuuh, I see...

(Remember some 15 years back sitting in a street café next to the Amsterdam Royal Carré Theatre after a gig there with some of the other guys from the band, one had rolled what appeared to look like a cigarette the shape and size of an Eb clarinet and appearently with some ...stuff in it. When these two policeman came by, I walked over to them asking for a light which one of them gave me sayin' 'have a good time'. A SPECIAL moment even for an European...)
Frank from Germany...

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 10:30:08 am »
lol. apparently you guys were quite fond of....stuff.  :P

methinks ima make one of those shell caseing pipes. not for stuff, but for tobacco.
lets just shoot it

Offline DanaM

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2010, 11:08:50 am »
Haven't had any "stuff" in many years but now in Michigan you can get a card for "medical stuff" ;D Hmmm wonder if my bad shoulder qualifies me :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2010, 04:19:05 pm »
Haven't had any "stuff" in many years but now in Michigan you can get a card for "medical stuff" ;D Hmmm wonder if my bad shoulder qualifies me :P

Always thought of the ...stuff to be medical... homeopathic... sort of...  ;D ;D ;D

PS: it's been a looooong time for me, too, ...ten, almost eleven years... quit all the same day: alcohol, cigarettes and ...stuff...

PPS: that ...stuff has taken over this thread completely...sorry for the hi-jacking...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:26:19 pm by medicinewheel »
Frank from Germany...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »
 Well, I can honestly say it was Special growing up in Tropical Florida in the 60's and 70's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 07:23:20 pm »
wayne, i have a nice slab of catlinite
right from the quarry in PIPESTONE,MN
i know because i purchased it there.
it weighs about 10#,enough for atleast two nice pipes in it.
i would be willing to part with it for the right stuff if your interested  ;)

ya'll should see PipeStone,Mn.the majority of the ols buildings in town(the original buildings)
are made completly from catlinite blocks.very pretty buildings too.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stickbender

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 07:37:16 pm »

Yepher Eddie, the climate, soil......yep, nice times  8)......Sailordad,:  What kind of ......stuff......would you be looking for?

Wayne

Offline sailordad

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 07:38:11 pm »
what ya got  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »
nice guys. haha  ;D
Modern Day Tramp