Author Topic: getn in shape  (Read 14782 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
getn in shape
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:38:25 pm »
here is my story back in 04 i dislocated my knee and had to have  70 percent of my maniscuss removed shortly after i went from 180 lbs to 245 in just two months ugg and for the past 6 years have strugld to lose this weight about 5 months ago i tried this thing calld the mens health abs diet and in just 6 weeks i dropd down to about 215 lbs talk about awsome and after the 6 weeks i have takn a break and in the past few months i have continued to shed more weight now i know some was muscle loss but most was fat i am  now at 199 lbs and feel rdy to start the final stretch this has been a long battle but it has been worth doing wish me luck and if any one els wants to join in just let me know and i can help point you in the right direction to do this in a safe and healthy way to reach your goals ttyl       sterling
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:25:10 pm by skyarrow »
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: getn in shape
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:58 pm »
Good luck!  My weight gain came with the kids and an outside sales job requiring lots of entertaining...losing it is much harder than putting it on! ;D
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:12 pm »
i will keep yall posted through out the weeks and if i can find the old pics i will post them so yall can see the changes

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:04:42 pm »
Great,I lost about 40 lbs 3 years ago and feel better than I have in years, I feel like a lean mean fighting machine. ;) ;) It is tough keeping it off but so far I have managed.  :) Good luck on yours.
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 01:15:13 pm »
from what i have read pappy that it takes up to 5 years for your body to get use to the changes thats why people rebound so fast they dont let there bodys take the time to adjust to the changes

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:18:08 pm »
Congrats Sterling, since I quit smoking 2 months ago I've put a few on but heck I needed a few pounds :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 01:19:34 pm »
thnx dana an keep up the good work that u are doing

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 02:10:30 pm »
well i'm only 26 years old.. yung buck  ;) but i have to stay on top of it or i will put it on.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 02:14:25 pm »
great job. hardest part is getting started. then its just maintenance to keep it off.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »
leapingbare i am 27  i never thought i would have gottn that out of shape at a young age but i did it is odd how it can sneak up on you lol 

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:58 pm »
Skyarrow, did you really put on 65 lbs. in 2 weeks - or was that a typo?  ???
It's awesome that you are working to get it off.  I put on about 25 lbs. over the past couple of years because I'm no longer running 20-30 miles per week but I've dropped 10 of that since the new year and would like to get another 5 off while maintaining my muscle.  There are so many great exercise programs out there - have you taken a look at crossfit?  Some great ideas in exercise science.  Get yourself a giant old tire and train with that using different exercises.  The sledgehammer is a real workout.  Anyhow - congratulations on getting on top of it so it doesn't have long term effects.
1’—>1’

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »
yep i was typing on the cell it was about 2 months lol i will fix the post

Offline skyarrow

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 04:29:15 pm »
Skyarrow, did you really put on 65 lbs. in 2 weeks - or was that a typo?  ???
It's awesome that you are working to get it off.  I put on about 25 lbs. over the past couple of years because I'm no longer running 20-30 miles per week but I've dropped 10 of that since the new year and would like to get another 5 off while maintaining my muscle.  There are so many great exercise programs out there - have you taken a look at crossfit?  Some great ideas in exercise science.  Get yourself a giant old tire and train with that using different exercises.  The sledgehammer is a real workout.  Anyhow - congratulations on getting on top of it so it doesn't have long term effects.

yep i do alot of that at work lol using sledge hammers on thing i like is a thing called movnat check this guy out this is my final goal one day i would love to train with this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKGF-ErsJiI

HatchA

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:36 pm »
Well done Sky'  and best of luck for the work ahead of you!!  I ain't the most active guy on the planet, partly cos of a dodgy knee but mostly cos I hate sports.  I could do with dropping a few pounds though...  Maybe taking up trapsing around the countryside, putting the pointy end of arrows into things, will help to trim me down a little. 

Though a few steaks of whatever I manage to skewer on the journey might counter the effort ;)

Offline aero86

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:28 pm »
i could probably stand to put on about 15 pounds.  been the same size for the last 10 years.  i dont eat a whole lot, my girlfriend can out eat me!  but i stay full and try not to eat too much junk food, but dr pepper is my enemy!  way to go!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.