Linked Events

• Presque Isle Annual Shoot: May 28, 2010 - May 30, 2010

Author Topic: Presque Isle 5th Annual Traditional/Primitive shoot  (Read 25921 times)

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
Re: Presque Isle 5th Annual Traditional/Primitive shoot
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 10:11:45 am »
Bear, there is another Bear at the shoot and he is 15to20ft in the air, so ya better look up in the trees... I hope you could spend more time than Fri. a fantastic course and you know a lot of the folks and ya could try out your new bow, there will be at least 3 of David Knights bows there,
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 11:16:15 am »
We sure did, Chuck and hope to have a great time this year too. Pappy, better bring a bigger tent if Jon is coming with ya. We'll have BearG in ours unless he brings one for himself. Chuck, I have to start practicing for the smoker round. Hmm, I wonder how you go about to pactice for the smoker round. Hey Chuck, can I tried out your arrows to see how they fly.  HA! HA! I need all of mine.   See you all soon,   Brother Dan
 PS I'm gonna have to find a Hawk too, anybody going to be selling any there.Also what should we bring for the pot luck.  ROADKILL! MA could do her magic.
Cleves, Ohio

Offline BearG

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:12 pm »
Well its for sure now I cant leave until some tim e Friday afternoon. >:(  Bro Dan I can sleep (passout) in my truck if need be.
Can someone post an address so I can google or mapquest it.   Dan let me know what to bring.  I'm going to try to shoot at swocc monday unless it rains.  I hope to have my D. knight bow finished up this weekend.  And I'm going to name it
"Classic Knights"
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 07:29:04 pm »
Bro Dan, I got ya covered for the smoker round, you can use my favorite smoker round arrow.. I'm sure that the glue, bailing wire and cargo tape will hold up for one more round, any thing for you Dan, ya just got to ask.. You ask about Hawks ?? My source told me that there will be hawks for sale. and your question directed to Maw and road kill.  Maw said that between Detroit and Presque Isle we should RUN across something... Chuck
PS Any body seen Ryan ????

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 06:46:08 am »
I am supposed to have a new tent coming,early Fathers day, :) :)I plan on leaving 5 or 6 pm Wed. evening,should be in Cincinnati by  mid night,is that OK Dan ?? I will have some venison or wild Turkey
we can grill up,maybe cook all or stuff up together if yall want.Maw cooked up my stuff last year,She is so sweet,can't say much for her hubby Chuck. ;) ;D ;D ;D Ant figured out how he got her. ???
See yall in a couple of weeks. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 11:17:21 pm »
Hey, guys thanks for keeping the fire burning.  ;) I've been real busy with work and getting things ready for the shoot.
Our address is 564 Moore Road Waterford, PA. 16441 There will be some hand made hawks for sale made by pennhawk
(Chris Ireland).  What color shirts do yall want? I can still get pretty much anything.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 12:27:24 am »
I want the color I got last year if ya can!  :)

I hope to be able to come.  Things look ok so far.  Got to double check with Pappy tomorrow at Twin Oaks. 

John
Indian Mound, Tennessee
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2010, 10:06:43 am »
Worked all day yesterday on the camping area's. We are trying to open up some more spots in the woods off the edge of the yard...... Sounds good Jon.  Can't wait to see everyone again !
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 09:37:47 am »
What ever color you decide will be fine with me. See ya in a little over a week. Bro.Dan
I plan on leaving Clarksville Wed. night around 6 pm. It that OK, that will put me to yall by
around 11 or 12 and at Ryan's 5 or 6 am Thursday morning.I haven't heard from Jon so I may be by myself  ???   Can't get any of them others wusses to go.   :) They just don't know what a good time they will miss,this is my wind down shoot. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:50 am »
Pappy, are you leaving Wed. or Thurs. Last year it was Thurs. and we met up with you Friday morning about 4am. If it is Wed., me and Steve can leave a day early, thats OK with us. We can meet you at midnight, be at the shoot about 8am, Ryan can have breakfest waiting for us. Let us know if is Wed or Thurs. I was trying  to talk Woody into coming with you, when we were at the Classic, we hung out pretty much down there, he's a hoot, see what you can do.  Bro Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 09:50:48 am »
Yes I am leaving Wed. evening,I want to have a day of rest this year,last year I was so worn out from the trip out west,I don't remember much of the shoot. If that is OK I will call you when I get ready to leave and again when I get about an hour from Cincinnati. And we can hook up just outside like last year. If not I will see yall there.  :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 10:01:38 am »
Ya think that Ryan will let us park kinda like we did last year, you know we can surround the fire, Pappy, Jon, Bro Dan, Steve, Bear.  Is Dave and Barb coming early ???

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 10:12:32 am »
OK, Pappy, sounds good. I have to work tonight, so I will call you at work in the morning, so we can yawn in each others ear. Talk to you soon. PS Yea, I think we got a picture of you sleeping in a chair, I even think you were drooling. Right Chuck, how bout a walk down memory lane, do you have the picture.  Bro Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 06:36:23 pm »
Yup, I sure do !!!!!

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 08:43:58 pm »
Pappy