Author Topic: End of an air combat  (Read 4782 times)

Offline uwe

End of an air combat
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »
We`ve found this this morning. See the claws of the two buzzards hooking together, see the high voltage wire and you may think what happened...
Regards Uwe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cacatch

Re: End of an air combat
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:54:53 pm »
Too bad it's not legal to use them feathers. I'd like to have me some buzzard 2-fletch and long Sioux-style 3 fletch.

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:06 pm »
the one looks like a hawk.  im sure once they hit the line, that really clenched the knuckles..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 04:18:55 pm »
I think they are both hawks as we would call them in the U.S. What we typically refer to as buzzards are vultures.

Uwe, do you know if it's legal to take those feathers in Germany? Those would make some nice fletchings. I could think of some things that would make use of the talons as well.
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:24:59 pm »
i thought that right after i posted jthompson, i just didnt know where he was from.  disregard me then ;D ;)
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:40:26 pm »
Woah, that's pretty wild. Did they try to land on it or did they hit it while fighting or mating?
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:53:25 pm »
That sucks... thats from mating ususally when mating they hook claws and do acromats and stuff in the air.
Modern Day Tramp

HatchA

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:04:06 pm »
Can I ask why it's illegal to use those feathers?  I could understand legalities of hunting/killing the birds for them but if happened upon like this situation...  surely it'd be a nice gesture to keep the feathers airborn?   ???

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:20:32 pm »
The Federal Government in the United States made it Illegal to possess any Part of a Raptor...basically to thwart the sale...and subsequent Poaching of said Birds for Illegal monetary gains...so even if they are dead on the side of the Road...unless you have a Federal permit to possess...you will get at least a big fine...and most likely jail or prison time too....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

HatchA

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 11:23:46 pm »
Ah, okiedokie man.  Seems like such a waste and a shame though. 

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 01:28:25 am »
those look like hawks not buzzards but you mean the buzzard hawk in texas we call the turkey vulture a buzzard lol

[attachment deleted by admin]
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline uwe

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 10:29:29 am »
Thanks for your replies!
Its even not allowed to take feathers of raptors, as well as to pick up feathers lying on the fields and woods. Its as calling a bird like this your possess. When we were boys it was no problem collecting feathers of any kind. But today there is the meaning that everyone hunts this animals. This is in Germany called "Mäusebussard", translated directly "Micebuzzard" (but this won`t be the correct translation). Look at this: http://www.brodowski-fotografie.de/beobachtungen/maeusebussard.html
i think the birds had been touching each one of the wire and hihg voltage was their end. One of the birds wings is only hanging on the shoulders sinew, the bone is broken.
Some years ago I saw a fight between two buzzards on the fields floor We were only 10 yards away and they didn`t recognize us. But no cam. This was one of moments, when you would like to have one in your hands. It took 2 or 3 minutes and then everyone made his way.
Regards Uwe