Author Topic: first satve with some questions  (Read 1927 times)

Offline aero86

first satve with some questions
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:20:54 am »
So I was hunting around the river cane stand I found cutting as much as I could. Then I found this tree lying on the ground, still alive.  It had no leaves or buds yet..  the base was about 3 inches in diameter so I decided to hack at it.  I don't think its a hard wood, but its got a white sapwood, and a brown heart wood, ill try and get a pic today.  Anyone have any ideas?  Also, I'm roughing it out to dry quick, how long can I let it dry for before working it?
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: first satve with some questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:04 am »
Same answer as before!   

As for collecting all the cane you could, are you paying attention to the maturity of the culms before you cut them?  ???
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 08:11:01 pm »
wow, so i dont even remember posting this.  i must've been really tired!  both can be deleted as its a double post!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:46 pm »
I still think it's mimosa ;D. So you have cane growing in Greenville? I've been collecting some out here west of Tyler on the side of I-20..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 11:54:41 pm »
Yeah got a smallish stand of it here. I cut about 75 or so this weekend, and it was probably half the good stuff