Author Topic: Scouting  (Read 3526 times)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
Scouting
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:44:33 pm »
I went and scouted an area on ft campbell that I've been wanting to scout for some time now and have been to busy hunting then to do any looking around.,
1st thing i found was this cool cave. I wonder how many camp fires have been built in there.
 Next i came up to a cut corn field thats loaded with corn cobs full of corn on the ground, i was walking down the edge of this field and herd something coming through the brush to my right and next thing i know this yearling doe jumps out and almost ran into me she hit the brakes at 8 yards ran 10 yards to the right and stoped and looked at me for atleast a minute i was messing with my phone to take a pic and she went to run away and i snapped this shot before she mad it back into the woods. to cool.
 Next i found this water hole. I think its a sink hole. Its been very dry here and the only creek i know of with water is over a mile away from here. There were tracks every were. This water hole is 60 yards from the cut corn field and 200 yards to the north is a huge been field.
 I found some good lanes and picked out some good trees.
 Also seen some buck sign, Seen buck droppings , scraps and rubs. seen 7 deer total.
I don't like to spook deer when i scout but i don't plane to hunt here until Friday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Scouting
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:56:44 am »
Cool,sounds good. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:22:42 am »
Looks like you found the honey pot!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Postman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:39:49 am »
sweet! good luck there!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:50:32 am »
did you get to hunt here friday?

Southwest,VA

Offline stickbender

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:43:44 am »

Sounds like a Grand opening of a new meat market ! ;)  Did you do any crawling around in the cave, or scratching in the dirt?

Wayne

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 10:53:48 pm »
i only hunted there Monday afternoon. seen two deer but got dark before they came in.
 Yea i poked around the cave some but i could see that the Army had used it at some point for something. I seen what was left of some steps going into it.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:01:09 am »
cool!Maybe you will get em next time.i'd like to find a hidden gem like that round here.

Southwest,VA