Author Topic: They have spoken!  (Read 1790 times)

Offline nclonghunter

They have spoken!
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »
Second time out this year, which is the first year I am bow hunting for turkeys. I had two long beards come in and circle my blind. Could not get a clear shot at either one, but had a great time trying. Walking out on a cow path I stopped a minute and looked down. I saw something that looked flaked and found a Hardaway point with the very end tip broken off. Beautiful point and at first I just felt lucky to have found the point, but after thinking about it a while it struck me that I was bow hunting for turkeys and made several decisions on rather to shoot or not at critical times. I did not shoot but evidently I made the right choice and was rewarded by the truest hunters of all. Very cool to look at it like that....maybe the tip was broken shooting at a turkey 8000 years ago..Hmmmm
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline dmassphoto

Re: They have spoken!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:11:59 pm »
Wow, great story.  Was it just sitting there out in the open?  On that I'd say you were being spoken to :)

Offline sonny

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »
reminds me of the time several years ago- when I still hunted with a compound arrow flinging device- I was walking toward my afternoon stand when I busted up a flock of turkeys. Snuck along the road for another twenty yards or so in hopes of getting a shot at one, only to hear them run or fly away. When I looked down there was a nice white quartz projectile point centered between my feet. I carried it in my pocket for the rest of that season in hopes it might bring me some luck.......

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:24:55 pm »
Very cool stories. Thanks for sharing. There was definitely a silver lining for the both of you.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Postman

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:56:22 pm »
Cool mojo, eh? good luck on a well eserved turkey next time. ;)
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA