Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried making their own targets?  (Read 8309 times)

Offline dmassphoto

Re: Has anyone ever tried making their own targets?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »
soda cans, stuffed easter bunnies that were on sale, cardboard boxes stuff with more cardboard boxes

I'd love to shoot coke cans and easter bunnies (we actually have a real one, but the wife won't let me shoot it), but we live in a neighborhood so I gotta have something fairly big or I either get a hole in the house (4 times now) or a nasty call from the neighbors.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 12:11:25 am »
And a damned sight smaller....and easier to fill too......... :P

Yeah, you're probably right, those bags might be a big much.  I just thought it would be a cool target when I saw them, you could paint big game animal silhouettes on 3 sides and have one for spots.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Lombard

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 01:15:19 am »
Did something similar to Sailor Dad, only I used the expanding foam in rabbit sized boxes, poked a hole just big enough for the nozzle to fit in and shot em about half full. Then wound waterproof gorilla tape on them. Worked for awhile, but got wet after some time, and lost effectiveness.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 01:22:05 am »
And a damned sight smaller....and easier to fill too......... :P

Yeah, you're probably right, those bags might be a big much.  I just thought it would be a cool target when I saw them, you could paint big game animal silhouettes on 3 sides and have one for spots.

Jonathan...these Bags are 44x44x45 inches with the 4 straps for picking them up...so they are not much bigger than my Morrel Range Target I have...just deeper...it's up to you...let me know and I will get one....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline uwe

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 04:44:37 pm »
Have just done 2 pics of the packing material targets. Should be coloured, then its better shooting.
Regards Uwe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline wildman

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 12:18:43 am »
My wife works in a doctors office,she brings me all the foam insulin coolers they get shipped two or three a month they are about 2ftby 2ft shoot great filled with great stuff foam or without,also keep a beer cold in a pinch  ;D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 10:22:39 am »
here's a nylon seed bag stuffed with walmart plastic bags.  completely waterproof and worked great with my self and lam bows but this bow would blow arrows almost completely through it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy