Author Topic: Simon, the cat  (Read 8327 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Simon, the cat
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 12:24:02 am »

Yeah, but I thought you were going up to hunt turkeys at Pappy's place, and then had to get a certificate to drill in N.C., so I didn't know your schedule.  So when would be a good time to bring the boo over, and maybe sit down and do a little Knapp lesson?  I am going to the gun show this coming Sat.  But Sunday is open, or the next week end. 

Wayne

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:08 am »
Looks like you should have picked up the dog to save it from Simon...
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline RG

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 02:02:34 am »
Dang Eddie for sure keep an eye on those wounds I had an employee that had to wear a drip for a few weeks
running medications in her from a cat bite

Ron

Offline Timo

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 08:40:34 am »
That happened to me once...Never have and never will ever try to save another cat. They have nine lives you know?

Sorry to sound rude,I know that cats are great pets and companions for some, but cats don't live long around here. ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:29 pm »
WOW ,man I am with Tim,I know how you like cats Eddie but me, I would have the answer to that cat in my right front pocket. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:09 pm »
 Pappy, I promise I'd have solved the problem if it hadn't been my grandson's dog. I'll shoot a dog in a heart beat that won't respond to commands or you can't control. That's why I always had Labs. The cat was cool till he thought I didn't have a handle on what was happening. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Diligence

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »
glad that it was the cat that was being chased, and not you or your grandson.  I have to admit that as much as I dislike cats, I dislike aggressive dogs more.

I've been on the receiving end of aggressive dogs a few times, and after my last "adventure" have sworn that the next one goes to the big pound in the sky....particularly if the bad behavior happens when my kids are around.  I have adopted a "zero tolerance rule" and I joke that I carry two cans of pepper spray.  One for the dog, and one for the owner.....now, if I could carry a side arm....

As for your arm Eddie, remember that "the solution to pollution is dilution"....get that thing completely rinsed with a saline solution (punctures especially), then do it again and again....followed by a good rinse with Betadine solution (any drug store has it) and a good triple antibiotic.  Hate for you to end up with a nasty infection.

j
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 11:46:39 pm »
 Thanks, J, I've scrubbed the crap out of it.
it doesen't look near as bad as yesterday.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline aero86

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 12:51:23 am »
theres a big fluffy cat that strolls through the yard behind my house.  drives my dachshunds crazy!  stupid cat will sit there and just look around about a foot from the fence, lick, lick, look around, lick lick look around, and never once will look at the dogs.  that cat will get it one day.  either copper ball or home grown arrows landing in close..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:51 am »
This would work. Pat sent me the recipe.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2010, 12:04:41 pm »
mmmm now that looks tasty ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2010, 05:30:15 pm »
Dang Eddie that is tuff love for sure.  I probably would have sent the cat and dog through the air.

Hillbilly that there was funny :D

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:33 am »
lol what is it with primitive guys and eating cats?  :D

mullet, same general thing happens when you reach your bare hands down to get your own beagle out of your coon trap. only slightly worse.  ::) :P
lets just shoot it

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 11:49:52 pm »
you are going to want get some antibiotics (probably a shot!). i was bit a family cat abt 15 yrs ago, and it swelled up real bad, went to the dr and he said they always react with strongm measures.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 04:29:39 pm »
 They are healed up, now. My immune system has always worked pretty good. :)
Lakeland, Florida