Author Topic: holmiesorta thingy  (Read 4930 times)

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: holmiesorta thingy
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 11:47:17 am »
Ken, I've never made a holmie or mollie but that tiller looks mighty fine to me. Yes, indeed. You did well. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline aero86

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 12:24:33 pm »
that quick huh?  must have a bandsaw.  i really need a bandsaw. 
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 12:23:48 am »
thanks jawge , yes i have a band saw 9 1/2 inch

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 03:45:29 pm »
Since I got my bandsaw its been a heck of a lot easier especially when roughing things out.  I also use it to cut up the scraps for kindling wood.  Thank you RYOBI!!!  Hi KEN!!!
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 04:22:36 pm »
  Ken, for the style of boy you made the tiller shape does not agree with the front view of the bow. The reason the bow is very wide with paralell limbs going 3/4 of the way down the limb is because the tiller should bend slightly near the fades and then increase the bend as it goes down the limbs. Not saying that to be critical but it is just the way a bow like that should be built. If I were you i would touch up the tiller even if it meant loosing some weight and you will see a gain in performance and feel in the bow. Steve

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 08:05:59 pm »
steve , no ofense taken thats why im here, ill try better on the next one ,im considering changing this one to a reflex and narrowing the handle

Offline Badger

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:27 pm »
Ken, glad you took it that way. Just a learning process we are all going through. Never stops as long as we are making bows. Steve