Author Topic: primitive fishing gear  (Read 5411 times)

Offline jturner

primitive fishing gear
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:10:36 pm »
Last summer I made some bone gouges for fishing, pointed on both ends with a groove in the center for the line. I had alot of bites but couldnt hook any, tried different sizes and letting them take it longer but no luck. The water was clear and I could see the fish take it and swallow it. anyone else ever try this? does anyone have measurements that may work? Oh yeah they are for bluegills.
Jake Turner     Michigan

Offline goearnhardt

Re: primitive fishing gear
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:43 pm »
the best luck I have had is completely put the gorge inside the worm and line to till it runs the length of gorge and let them swaller to ther belly,sorry for spellling I am a country boy,,,   

Offline 65x55 swedis

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:26:42 am »
the bes way i was told by a friend to do is to put the line 3/4 way up on the gouge and then run the worm or bait on the 3/4 up and then hook it on the last 1/4 and let it pull staight in the water. i have not tried it but i will this summer when i go camping. hope this helps

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:23:48 am »
Here is a good video of how to build a Gouge...just make sure that they are Legal to use where you live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0yNFrGdwM
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome