Author Topic: TN Classic Flintknappin... Thanks !!!  (Read 1926 times)

Offline nocams

TN Classic Flintknappin... Thanks !!!
« on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:47 am »
HI Guys,
Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who helped Mason and I this weekend. I think I do have a little knapping fever now, Thursday was the first flakes I have ever made. I think we will work on getting some material and work at it more. If Mason keeps working at it I think he might have us a hunting quality point soon. Stay dry the rest of this weekend fellas !

nocams
Jimmy & Mason Shelton

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: TN Classic Flintknappin... Thanks !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:31:23 am »
Wish yall could have stayed longer...tell Mason to stay away from folks eating saturated peaches! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »
Mason has allot of talent for his age. Let me know when your headed back to this side of the state.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline nocams

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:04:23 am »
Greg, now Mason knows what happens when as the song on the radio says right now, "rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey, whiskey makes my baby frisky " , haha ! Alex and Robbie were cuttin up like a pair of scissors and got pretty bent up didn't they ! I think my ribs are still sore from laughin !

Jesse, yes he has a true love for bustin rock and yes I am sure some is talent. However, most is what he has learned from fine gents such as yourself that take the time to share your skills ! He really looks up to you and Sawfiler and wants to be able to make points like you guys do. Heck, for that matter I do too now that I got my feet in the flake pile this past weekend !

We are looking forward to a season soon when we can take a deer with the osage Big A gave him, Pappy, Greg, and Big A helped him make, a cane arrow to honor Allen Varnell, and a point that he learned to make from you and the others in the knappin pit. He almost sealed the deal this past season on a 4 point but let the top limb of his osage hit a tree on the shot. We will look you up in June and meet you for a haulin trip.

nocams

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 08:16:31 pm »
Jim , was sure nice visiting an knapping with you an Mason at the pit. I remember Mason from last year an his skills have really improved in a year, I just wished that I would have started knapping at his age, an tell Mason not to feel to bad about hitting his limb, I had a perfect set up last year an couldn't seal the deal ,funny how stuff jumps up right in front of your arrow. :o Later Bob

Offline nocams

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:13:47 am »
Yes Bob, it was good learning how to make a flake with you guys too. I hope my skills are improved by next year ! Got lots to learn but so far I do seem to like it. Hope to hang out with you next year !

nocams