Author Topic: Broadheads: Two blade or three blade?  (Read 10481 times)

Offline aznboi3644

Re: Broadheads: Two blade or three blade?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:24:44 am »
I use two blade home made trade points from hardened steel bandsaw blade.  Makes a very strong point.

Offline Will H

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:58 pm »
Silverflame XL 180's, Magnus 2 blade, stone points, anything 2blade and super sharp..bought a KME knife sharpening system last year and have been getting things sharper than I thought possible...
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline lowell

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:48 pm »
I have been using 2 blade Ace broadheads for a few years and like how the work.  I don't shoot high poundage bows and need all the penetration I can get. 

The picture is from the last deer I got this season.  Was hoping to get the broadhead in the lungs but hit the backbone instead and in broke the back and point was still in good shape!!
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »
...and that deer didn't run very far!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 06:18:31 pm »
I like 2 blade heads for a differnt reason than most.They are alot easier to remove from trees than 3 or 4 blade heads :'( :'( :'(. Seriously I do like 2 blades an  this year had my first stone point kill an I was impressed.  Bob

Offline RabidApache

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 06:57:11 pm »
I'm a two-blade man myself. I've shot Ribteks, Zwickeys, Grizzlies and Bears. 1. Excellent penetration 2. Easily sharpened then three-blades and 3. When mounted to a hunting arrow, I align the broadheads flat-side vertical with Bow so as not to interfere with my "sight window". So basically I have minimal visibility of broadhead on the arrow when drawn back reading for a shot. For some it may not matter but for me.... I like to NOT see my broadhead.
Good luck on your quest and I hope this helps. Whatever you choose....keep'em sticky sharp!! ;)
Forever making arrows!

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »
Two for me.  I get much better penetration with a two blade.