Author Topic: Dang it Clovis!  (Read 1308 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Dang it Clovis!
« on: June 04, 2010, 04:13:20 am »
Oh well I had to work 13 hours today at restuarant and now I am on my overnight job and decided to hand flute a piece of dacite ...well first of all I cant see straight enough to even be doing this I am exhausted  but, I attemted (for giggles) to flute a clovis point...Well I can tell u this isnt my best work thus far but was impressed how well I got the second flute ..the one which I musta hit a little too hard.  I snapped it!  I have made some reaL nice points in the past and decided why not try and flute them and u know the rest of the story. Maybe im not meant to play the flute? ::)  Good thing this wasnt a good point or I might have been upset.  Did I say Im tired..ok gotta go. 

Russ

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:42:10 pm by AncientArcher76 »
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
Re: Dang it Clovis!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 07:01:09 am »
looks just like most of mine  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:09:52 am »
Nice try - looks like all of mine :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:15:37 am »
and mine :)
nice try tho. guess there is only one way to learn to get em right..... break a lot of them.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »
Ive made them but I had no business in my condition yesterday to even try it!  I dont have a jig or I would have used it.  I will someday make one but for now I will do it the hard way by risking breaking a good point each time!  lol  Thanks guys!

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill