Author Topic: the big snip  (Read 6114 times)

Offline terence pinder

the big snip
« on: July 05, 2010, 12:30:10 am »
subject says it all. i had it done about 2 weeks ago. the reasin im telling you guys is dont listen to the horror stories, if youve been thinking about it no worries it is relatively painless. and i didnt even get general anesthetic, i went for the local so i was awake the whole time. they rolled me into the operating room at 3 o clock out by 3;30 and on my way homeby 4. and then by 5 i was out fighting an oilwell fire (im a volunteer firefighter) i was told a lot of scary stuff  that isnt true and wanted to let everyone know it isnt that bad

Offline mrkinsey

Re: the big snip
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 12:45:09 am »
Yeah right, buddy.  I got it done in March and didn't heal totally until May.  It all depends on your personal physiology.  I have a very rare form that required the doctor to do a lot of tugging, and digging, and all done under local anaesthetic.  I am glad that you don't have a horror story.
There is always Hope.

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 12:49:04 am »
i guess i got lucky then, i never really felt any pain just minor discomfort for an hour or so

Offline Brock

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 12:51:07 am »
had mine done 17 years ago....all went fine but I deployed to GTmo three days later.  Over the next two weeks I swelled up like plums.  Got infection from doing too much too soon I was told...antibiotics and lots of tender care...and healed up in no time....but took a while before back to normal.

overall, best thing I ever did.....no regrets. LOL

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:57 am »
 I heard it was fast and cheap to drink a six-pack, hang it out and get a buddy to pull the ol' screen door back as far as it would go. Scream as loud as you could so you couldn't hear that spring tightening back up when the door made that loud, "KAWACK'. And it was done in seconds, and no Health Bill paper work. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Badger

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:50 am »
Eddie, I think you might be talking circumsision ( I hope you are LOL). My Philipino brother in law told me they have their buddies do that with a sharp rock and 1 accurate chop. Steve

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 03:45:44 am »

I had Friends I worked with in the Fire Dept. and they had it done, and when they told me the procedure, I was cringing.  Well it is not that bad, they give you a shot of lidocain, in each testicle......Uh excuse Me?!!!! :o :o  That ended the conversation.  No one is sticking a needle in either of the boys!  >:(   :P  I don't care how much pain killer is in the syringe, it does not take affect immediately!I see bill boards advertising the new procedure, with no needles, or scalpels.  I don't know what the procedure is, but if there are no needles, or scalpels involved, then that is the way I would go, if I wanted to become infertile.  My buddies, had problems with swelling also, and both of them complained of immense pain after the pain killers wore off.
Birth control products, are a lot cheaper, easier, and don't hurt! ;)

Wayne

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 09:45:30 am »
you guys are making me feel extremly lucky, i never took the painkillers, they were offered to me. the only problem with other forms of birthcontrol is none of them are 100%. and as for cheaper i live in saskatchewan all this cost me was the gas to drive to the hospital. many years ago my dad had it done and he never had any issues, kind of the same story he was back to work shortly after too.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:39 am »
My Dad had it done back in 1980....took Him Home from the Hospital the same afternoon...He got out of the Car...took the First Step into the House...felt a popping in his Groin...got Him in the House...15 minutes later....it's off to the Emergency Room...His Boys were the size of Tennis Balls...and turning Blue....They said He over exerted Himself too soon....what 1- 8" step ... c/mon...anyways the next day the Boys were Black and Blue...and His Junk was the size of a Grapefruit.... 3 days later He got to go Home...He was not to Fond of the Procedure by this point.... then if this was not bad enough...He ended up with Epididymitis...they cleared this up with Antibiotics...then He comes down with Chronic Orchialagia .....to this day He still has bouts of this...and then 4 years ago He comes down with Prostate Cancer...and has been fighting this and Bladder Cancer since....Naw...I will keep my Boys intact...can't blame the Procedure on His Problems...at least not Scientifically...not yet...but anything that keeps your Body from doing a certain procedure...like expelling Sperm Cells through Ejaculate...and makes the Body absorb them all instead...can't be good...at least not in my eyes....good luck and god bless
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mrkinsey

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 12:56:44 pm »
I was given topical numbing when the doctor sliced into the scrotum (twice).  Only before the doctor cut the vas deferens AND heat sealed it (which I smelled - horrible) did the doctor give me anesthetic on the inside.  My junk was the size of a grapefruit for a few weeks, and horribly sensitive (more than usual, mind you) for another month and a half!

What was most terrible was the doctor insisted on having a conversation with me while slicing up my man-bits.  I would answer only to gasp in pain, or end the sentence in a much higher pitch than the beginning. 

Dr: How are you today?
Me: Just fine, considering what you're about to do.
Dr: You realize this procedure is elective.
Me: Not according to my wife.

Starts cutting.

Dr: So what do you do for a living?
Me: I work at a college and am a full (higher pitch here) time student!
Dr: What are you studying?
Me: Reli(higher pitch)gion and philosophy!
Dr: What do you want to do with that?
Me: <gasp> <swallow> uhhhhh (high pitch) be a pastor.

There is always Hope.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 02:15:51 pm »
Dear lord. I have a lot of big sharp knives, hatchets, and guns and I will use them without hesitation on anyone who comes near that part of me with a scapel. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline lowell

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 02:35:51 pm »
Had the "snip" 30+ years ago and was done in the Dr. office.  I went back on the trap line a little too soon and that gave me some extra pain but some extra pelts too!! ;D
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

HatchA

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 05:04:14 pm »
Gonna try and embed this vid here...  Some may have seen it - some may not.  It's difficult not to cring while laughing my ass off every time I watch it!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/4-Q7_P3X9dg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&

***edit***

The embedding didn't work so I just posted the link instead.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 05:18:32 pm »
 That was hilarious.  ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 02:58:32 am »

That's like the ol boy from Tenn. , who decided he had enough kids, and told the wife he was going to the doctor, to see about getting a vasectomy.  So they went to the doctor, and told him, he wanted a vasectomy.  The Tennessee doctor told him, well just get yer self a tin can, and an M80, light the M80, put it in the tin can, and count to ten.  So the Tennessee boy, decides he better, get another opinion.  So he and his wife go to another doctor in Tennessee, and he tells him the same thing.  So still not too sure, he says lets to to Ohio, and ask one of those doctors.  So they go to Ohio, and he tells the doctor he wants a vasectomy.  The doctor says, ok, I can schedule you in for tomorrow, and we will do the surgery, have you out in an hour.  The ol boy from Tennessee, says, well gee, my doctors in Tennessee, didn't say that.  The doctor says, oh are you from Tennessee?  The ol boy from Tennessee answers, yes sir.  So the doctor says, well then all you need to do Is get your self a tin can, and an M80, light light it and put it in the can and count to ten.  So they leave, and the ol boy, says to his wife, well, both of our doctors said that, and now this one says it too, so I guess it must the thing to to do.  So he gets a tin can, and an M80, and lights it, drops in the tin can, and starts counting to ten, on his right hand while holding the can with his left hand, one,  two,  three,  four,  five, then he puts the can between his legs, and starts counting with his left hand, six,  seven........ ;D ;D

Wayne