Author Topic: Funny sling story  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Diligence

Funny sling story
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:48 am »
So last night at the range, beautiful warm evening, and it's almost all wheelie-hi-tech-10-speed guys.

I'm shooting my elm self-bow at the 40 yard target outside and occassionally launching one at the 80 yard target.  Laughing at myself that I can't hit anything and one guy says, "maybe you should throw rocks?".......so, I go to the jeep and dig out my old 3 foot long sling.  (as in David and Goliath).  It's been in there for about 5 years.  I used to use it and let me tell you it can really toss those rocks.  I haven't used it in the past 3 years or so....so I'm a bit rusty.

I pick up a nice golf ball sized rock, say to everybody "hey, I bet I can hit that 25 yard target with this sling".  They say, "no way!"....so I proceed to sling that little football shaped rock as hard as I can.....The rock flew about 3 yards in front of the line, straight sideways past all 10 guys watching, into the brand new metal cladded quonset/barn/building.....about 15 feet in front of everybody who is watching.   Missed all the windows!  :o

I said, "I had a feeling that might happen" and the property owner ( a really nice doctor) says, "why the *&*&%%&%^ did you throw it then???".....and I said, "because I had to as you were all watching me!"

I guess I'm a bit rusty with my primitive skills.   ;D

Thanks be to the creator that I didn't "harvest" a slightly overweight hi-tech-wheelie-10-speed shooter.  Cuz it was close.----really close!

Then I put the sling away.   O:)
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline jonathan creason

Re: Funny sling story
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:33:45 am »
Hahaha, I'm surprised the owner didn't have a few more %^%^%^%$%$^& 's in there.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis