Author Topic: A new addict  (Read 8215 times)

Offline zenmonkeyman

Re: A new addict
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010, 03:15:54 am »
One day some poor woman is going to trace his history and identify this moment as the thing that ultimately ruined her marriage.   :P ;D
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010, 01:10:40 pm »
Great job Eddie,maybe he will turn out like us,O we don't want that do we. ;) ;D
   Ppapy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Frode

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 09:03:28 pm »
...He asked me if we can finish it pretty quick. I told him we sure could, but I'm only going to let him use hand tools. ;D ;) Then I'm going to give him the tools when he is finished. Here is this afternoons work in 95+ heat, he is determined. ;D
:D Reminds me of the story that apprentice machinists used to be started out with a 1" steel cube and a file.  When they could turn that into a perfect 1" sphere, they got to start working with machines.  Looks like he's off to a good start!
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »
Mullet that is great! Tell Josh we can't wait to see his handy work.
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:20 pm »
One day some poor woman is going to trace his history and identify this moment as the thing that ultimately ruined her marriage.   :P ;D

The only hope for this kid is that somewhere out there is a young girl with her first stave scraping away with that same glint in her eye.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 10:51:58 pm »
 JW, there's a tall skinny one down the street ;D. I imagine when her and her friends can't find him they'll be in the backyard, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »
 Put the boy on the yellow wood again this afternoon. He was suprised how much effort it took with an aggressive wood rasp and Draw knife. This bow is real close to being on the tiller tree, especially after Josh had to leave for football practice and the toothfairy took over with the power tools. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:34:54 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Orkraider

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 07:32:15 pm »
That looks awesome! It's great to see a youngin' willing to go to town old school, with hand tools.
Riley, Saint Paul, MN

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 07:39:21 pm »
 Ork, he really doesn't have a choice. I told him if he wants to learn he needs the basics before he can take the short cuts. He is working hard, though. He can't wait to see my truck in the driveway.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »
I think what you are doing is a wonderful thing Eddie!  I wish I had somebody to teach around here.   :) 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 08:38:37 pm »
 Thanks, Josh. I wish I did too when I tried to make my first one. Also wished my first one was Osage,too. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 09:18:00 pm »
Looking good I also wished that I can start one to come home from work and the Bow fairie worked on one of mine!!!  Too bad he wasnt old enough to make it here in Iroqoius land up North in the Mountains for some bowhunting with stone arrowheads and all.  But Im sure he's just content where he is at.  My son stays focused on archery for the day then hes back on the computer or his video games.  Good work Mr.Mullet.

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Postman

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 09:43:53 pm »
That kid looks focused! Congrats on the student, Mr. Miagi!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Jesse

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 12:04:52 am »
cool 8)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Parnell

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 12:24:33 am »
The boardbow that CJ - Underceej is my first teaching experience.  It's fun, actually, he was an old student of mine in Bio class, 19 now.  Can't teach him on osage and force him with hand tools, but hey, I'm no Jedi Master...yet. ;D
1’—>1’