Author Topic: Warbow speed shooting  (Read 34194 times)

Offline bow-toxo

Re: Warbow speed shooting
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 12:31:53 am »
hey Craig, who cares? i got on this post because i thought it was an interesting topic, not to read post after post of you going off on a tangent about a word. stick to the subject man. in fact go make some bows and arrows or go hunting. better yet, go do your own field test on "firing" a war bow in rapid succession. there, i said it. in fact, i too have wasted too much time with this nonsense. watch out for the grammar police.
For one, I care. Using words that mean what we want to say, make for understanding without unneccesary confusion. An example; When we get sloppy enough to say."I call any bow a longbow. I just like to fire bows and don't care what anybody calls them", then any comment is pointless and nobody learns anything.

Erik

Offline adb

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 11:00:38 am »
hey Craig, who cares? i got on this post because i thought it was an interesting topic, not to read post after post of you going off on a tangent about a word. stick to the subject man. in fact go make some bows and arrows or go hunting. better yet, go do your own field test on "firing" a war bow in rapid succession. there, i said it. in fact, i too have wasted too much time with this nonsense. watch out for the grammar police.
Hey, jimmy... don't worry... I don't care either. This post has been hijacked, and has gotten far off track by some posters who like to argue about semantics. "Fire, loose, release, shoot"... really... who cares? This post was originally about warbow speed shooting.

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 06:43:21 pm »
This post has been hijacked, and has gotten far off track by some posters who like to argue about semantics.

No its been posted to by people who like historic fact not hearsay or old wives tales.

adb why do you try and shoot a warbow, why not just any, I believe its a, 90lb bow? Is one of the reasons because you want to be close to historically correct in the gear you use? The same should then apply to language and the information supplied.

Craig.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 01:55:03 am »

adb why do you try and shoot a warbow, why not just any, I believe its a, 90lb bow? Is one of the reasons because you want to be close to historically correct in the gear you use? The same should then apply to language and the information supplied.

Craig.

Maybe he just likes to shoot heavy bows? Or is it fire? I forget now...  ::)

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 01:22:39 am »
[
[/quote]

It looks like the difference may be overtaxing your brain. Careful you don't strain yourself. Actually you don't shoot a bow, you shoot the arrow as you shoot a bullet but fire a gun or a piece. {you don't want to mix up those last words in the Marine Corps. They are really fussbudgets about semantics]. You shoot [the arrow]in a bow or with a bow. Or go back to sleep.
                                                            Cheers,
                                                              Erik

Offline adb

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 11:04:04 am »
[

It looks like the difference may be overtaxing your brain. Careful you don't strain yourself. Actually you don't shoot a bow, you shoot the arrow as you shoot a bullet but fire a gun or a piece. {you don't want to mix up those last words in the Marine Corps. They are really fussbudgets about semantics]. You shoot [the arrow]in a bow or with a bow. Or go back to sleep.
                                                            Cheers,
                                                              Erik
[/quote]

Unbelievable. ::) ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 09:39:01 pm »
 Do you guy's only do this stuff when the weather starts to get cold and miserable?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline CraigMBeckett

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 11:51:51 pm »
Do you guy's only do this stuff when the weather starts to get cold and miserable?

Its spring here and the weather is getting better. ????

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 12:33:23 am »
 So, I guess it's just a Warbow thing? I think if you guys were allowed to go shoot real animals you wouldn't argue over things like this.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 06:01:38 am »
;D I'm with you Eddie. I can't figure out this argument ???
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline adb

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 10:29:45 am »
It's strange how threads on this particular forum topic often get way off track, and turn into something completely unrelated. This topic has been a perfect example... it originally started as a discussion on speed shooting, and turned into a grammar lesson. I, for one, would like to see the nit-picking and arguing stop, and keep the discussion relevant and polite.

Offline cracker

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 03:58:00 pm »
There is obviously a lot of knowledge here too bad theres so much argument. I would be thrilled to see some bows maybe some shooting or arrow making. I rarely come here because of the arguing.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 07:10:24 pm »
There is obviously a lot of knowledge here too bad theres so much argument. I would be thrilled to see some bows maybe some shooting or arrow making. I rarely come here because of the arguing.Ronnie

This is actually the only post that I've seen since joining P.A. where there was an argument, and it seems to me that it's just because of one person that's looking for attention.  I would suggest that someone locks this thread.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 09:15:21 pm »
 Instead of locking it, why doesn't everybody just get back on topic?  And if you don't like the womans book, don't buy it or read it. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline adb

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 12:46:05 am »
Excellent idea.