Author Topic: 2010 Trail Cam Pics  (Read 7827 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 2010 Trail Cam Pics
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 11:50:12 pm »
 Oh my, yummmy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 11:51:30 pm »
That first one is very nice!  It's good to see the others during shooting light and one of them is at mid day. They should begin shedding their velvet soon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:00 pm »
this buck has a sweet tooth for granny smith apples.  it's too bad all the apples are gone.  he lost all his velvet in two days.  he's nice buck but he just doesn't have much mass.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 08:48:56 pm »
How are the persimmons and grapes?   Mass is hard to come by in the Southeast. They are there but hard to come by!  ;)
  This guy is at least out during shooting hours.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 10:03:31 pm »
there is another deer in the background that i think is a buck also.  one of my big persimmon trees is loaded with fruit.  also, one of my sawtooth oaks is also loaded.  i haven't had a chance to look at my wild grape vine yet, but it was loaded last year.  i haven't seen and acorns on the white oaks yet and i'm hoping they won't have many.  that way the deer will have to head to my food plots.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 12:41:43 am »
Squirrels have been cutting red oak acorns here for 2 o 3 weeks now. Haven't noticed any whites though. Don't have persimmons so last year I bought 10 and put them around. I hope at least one is a female. I've been watching our concord grapes with hopes of harvesting this weekend. Well, the deer got them all last night!  >:(  Second year in a row we were a day late.  ???

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 08:02:21 am »
looks like there will be a good crop of muscadines this year.  there is a really good vine just inside the field that i hope will have a bumper crop this year.  it smelled like a winery last year when the ones on the ground started to fermint.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 08:48:51 am »
Nice shots, Looking pretty good around here also,looks like the red oak and persimmon crop should be very good and also white Oaks looks a little scattered ,which is a good thing.  :) Good luck to yall. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 01:24:24 am »
some pics of what's coming around one of my favorite white oaks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 01:51:56 am »
Their timing is better this year, Chris.  ;) 
   White oaks just started dropping here. In Ga last weekend only water oaks, persimmons were scarce and grapes about gone.

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:50:38 am »

heres a couple ive gotten,

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »
a couple nice bucks.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline terence pinder

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 11:57:34 pm »
the top pick is hard to see but that buck has some nice junk on it, i have been trying to get him with my bow but no luck yet