Author Topic: Looking for rivercane shoots!!!  (Read 3707 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Looking for rivercane shoots!!!
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:27:46 pm »
Hi fellas wanted to get some sivercan shoots or roots to grow some cane in my greenhouse!  I cant find it here in NY state Ive never seen it maybe it dont grow here.  I want to grow for myself to produce arrow shafts and atlatl darts.  I would really appreciate it and in return I have available flint, stone hunting points, various bow wood. arrows and hardwood shafts.  If need a particular item give me a shout!  Thanks guys and take care!

Russell H.
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

AWH

Re: Looking for rivercane shoots!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:41 pm »
How many you want? I hope to go out this coming Sunday to cut some more for shafts and will get what ever you want.
What type of flint ya got?

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 10:09:49 am »
If you need any more let me know, Russ.  I've got quite a bit growing near my house.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »
I was hoping to either propagate them or just root them to try and grow them here!  If u or anyone can grab me a few small shoots, or a rootball Id appreciate it.  As far as flint I have almost everything from obsidian, kentucky , all NY rocks, texas.  If it is going to be worth trading I might as well get some 7' to make atlatl darts...

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:56:29 pm »
I have hill cane(A. appalachiana) growing along my driveway. I could dig some rhyzomes and send them to you. This stuff makes great arrows but it doesn't get as tall as river cane. You might be able to get a culm or two long enough for an atlatl dart.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 09:35:49 pm »
Cool Pat I'll give it a go do u still have my address?  Also if u need anything and if I can help let me know!  Havent seen u in a bit Pat hows it been?  Talk to ya later.

Russ

AWH

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 12:38:30 am »
shoot me your info and I'll  get some starts Sunday.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 09:49:15 pm »
Thanx fellas for your help!!! 8)

Offline ibex

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 12:29:13 pm »
I have some Pseudosasa japonica growing that I can get starts from. Steve
𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »
Ok