Author Topic: Anyone want a take down blank?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Kegan

Anyone want a take down blank?
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »
Started this bow but I've got other projects on my mind. It's about 67" between the nocks, give or take an inch, hickory with 2" wide limbs tapering to 5/16" tips. It draws about 60# at 28" and is untempered and left straight. Including wrapped-metal handle sleeve, it has about 1 1/4" of string follow (so very little actual belly compaction, since the handle's give in resulted in most of that). It's tillered out and ready to shoot or do whatever neat things come to mind. Let me know if you need a string with it, I've seemed to have used the one I originally made for it. It's sitting in the hot box so it's nice and dry.

I'm looking for an Osage stave/billets or ipe. I'm trying to make either a better wet-weather bow or hybrid bow with spliced deflex in the handle, either in the 65#-70# range at about 30".  I'd also be open for snake skins, hickory dowels for arrows, or previously enjoyed trad archery videos.

PM me if interested or with questions.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: Anyone want a take down blank?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »
I will look at my osage staves and pick out one for you. I am interested
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline gothmog

Re: Anyone want a take down blank?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:45:01 pm »
If nugget doesn't end up with it, I have some snakeskins I'd trade for it.  Very interested as well.