Author Topic: what a blast today was  (Read 5542 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: what a blast today was
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 01:56:03 am »

Way to go Ken. 8)  You may have planted the seed of interest.  Some day, in the near future, you just might get a phone call from one of them, when they are in High school, and remembered this day, and found that the seed of interest had blossomed into full blown curiosity, and now they want to learn more.  ;) Any Cub Scouts, or Boy Scouts in your area?
That's great that you not only got the opportunity to do this, but took the time and effort to do it.  I hope you get many more.  I think Kudos should also go to whomever arranged for you to do this. ;)  Teaching about "Weapons" and such! :o :o OMG!!!  It is the best of classes, when you can see living history in front of you, and see how something was done a long time ago, and actually see what it took to make the implements that our ancestors, and Native Americans used, and survived with.  It puts the books, all into perspective, and really sparks the imagination, and the desire to learn more.  Good for you Ken ! ;) 8)  And to you also Parnell ! 8)

Wayne

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 03:09:51 pm »
AWESOME !!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT !!!!!!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »
thanks  Rich thanks Buckeye
wayne thank you , there are groups like you say boy scouts and .i have been asked to do some with the Royal Rangers here which is a church sponsered boys group. and the teachers have been great and excited about this program

Offline Big A

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 11:26:39 pm »
Way to go Ken.Great way to pass it on.
Big A

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 04:16:56 pm »
Good job Ken U've came a long way and if it means anything Im proud of u man!

Russell
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 07:03:06 pm »
thanks BigA , thanks Russ ,it does

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »
Oh my nonexistent theistic deity of choice!  This man should be arrested!  Oh the horrors of putting weapons in the hands of young children with malleable minds!!! 

hehehe   >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »
If u remember my number would like to chat sometime... ;)
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill