Author Topic: First "MISS" of the 2010 season  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Thwackaddict

Re: First "MISS" of the 2010 season
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 12:56:38 pm »
Amen brother!!I miss those days!!Its projected lower 80's here now!!Damn this weather!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Cacatch

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:44 pm »
Finally coolin' down, now Thwack. Have ya done any good? I went out a couple times since my first fiasco of the season and it just hasn't been a good year for anything. If it ain't the weather, I'm too busy, or if it ain't that, somebody's shellin' corn and it screws up my pattern and I spook 'em going in the woods, or if it ain't that, then it's somebody in my spot, if it ain't that then I just go and don't see anything or can't get one to come into range. Always somethin. I'm about over it. Seems like every time I go anymore I just waste my time for one reason or another. So many people hunt anymore, it's crazy. You can't get a good spot by yourself, even on your own land! Sometimes I think about hangin' it all up, but then I don't know what I'd do with myself. Make all these bows and arrows to hunt with and then just feel like I'm wasting my time when I go.

CP

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 01:36:49 am »
I feel ya man!!I been but i aint seen a deer since opening day. >:( >:( As for me i dont get discouraged and i'll never hang it up.I enjoygetting out and bein in the woods.I'll get my meat in rifle when they get stirred up.As far as the people thing goes,whatever happened to respect??You see a guys treestand you dont sit up in a tree 20yds from it.I hunt public land and am gettin to the point of hey buddy you see my stand go find somewhere else to hunt!!Hundreds of thousands of acres to hunt and they wanna sit by my tree???I dunno man,makes ya a lil nutso every now and then!!Hopefully we'll catch a break and they'll start movin better!!Keep ya head up and if they on your land run their butts off  >:D >:D

Southwest,VA

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:52 am »
Its illegal to leave a tree stand in the woods on public land here...and besides that it's not really a good idea as all it does is tip off other lazy slob hunters that it may be a good spot to sit. I've gotten to where I will only hunt public land on week days, its a waste of time on the weekends cause everyone and there brother is hunting it on the weekends.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 02:22:42 pm »
Ryan i agree!!As long as its not permanently affixed to the tree its legal here,but like you said its like a big "Deer Here" sign!

Southwest,VA