Author Topic: this story makes you wonder bout folks  (Read 9806 times)

Grunt

Re: this story makes you wonder bout folks
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 06:57:55 pm »
I wish you could apply for a license to possess ground kill feathers here in FL.  I see more dead vultures, hawks, cranes, herons, etc. than I care to.  A shame to see it be wasted, but, understand why they are trying to enforce strict rules.  I just think there should be an option to provide some useful respect to a wasted animal.

Job well done, Ken. 

Next time you want to respect a creature lying dead on the road, stop and put a little tobacco over it. It is a sign of respect.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 09:30:10 pm »
 That's a lot of tobacco, grunt. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:24:16 pm »
i hear ya Eddie their picking peanuts here which increases the deer traffic across the roads.
Pappy i was brought up the same way !
tim i hit one last year and there wasnt any meat damage ,just knocked the downy feathers off. i was busy watching about 30 in the ditch and three more ran out of the field across the road looked like a feather bomb went off . ate the meat fletched some arrows

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 12:18:48 am »
It is best to use the gutless method to salvage road kill if it was struck in the body because the guts  explode.

Offline Deo

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 02:16:02 am »
Ya it sucks that you cant pick up road kill legaly in most states, My grandfather told me when he worked for animal control that he often brought home road kill deer and would take the good meat. One time my dad hit a rooster, it went under the car and it looked like some one busted open a feather pillow, my cousin and I were cracking up. :D :D :D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 08:19:47 am »
 You ought to see a duck when it goes through the Prop of an airboat. :o ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 08:21:37 am »
Tobacco is to high,I will respect them by eating them and using there parts for something  
useful. :) I guess if I were an N/A I might do that Grunt, but since I ant ,I don't.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 08:25:17 am »
Ya I always hate it when I am running down the road and suddenly see a possum in the middle of the road,try and straddle it and about half way over it you hear a thump,I always think,man you should have kept your head down. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 08:27:34 am »
I know a fella that works at Ft. Campbell.  I knew that he hunted so one day I asked him, "How many you got this year?"  "Eight," he responded.  I went on and on over him killing eight deer that early in the season. "Killed?  Who said killed?  I've only killed one.  I picked the other 7 up on the way to work," he replied.  I thought that was pretty good.

Offline cracker

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 09:49:03 am »
In lean times I've fed my family with car hit deer like that. I'm not sure what the law is in GA. But I've had the warden help me load them up before. Around here you would get talked about for letting it suffer.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 01:17:50 pm »
hope i dont sound ignorant here, but i really dont know what the law is around here. i just know that its my personal law not to just stand by and let something suffer.  :-\
lets just shoot it

Grunt

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 05:03:58 pm »
What I said about putting tobacco down works pretty good for us folks following the Red Road. Having said that though just means I have a little different prospective of our natural world and man's place in it.
I have stopped and ended a critters suffering more than once. Good reason to have a carry permit.   

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 10:15:38 pm »
 Trey, If you can go on this site you can also look up Louisianna's hunting site for the Reg's. Remember when they are writing that ticket, "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse".  ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 10:46:22 pm »
well regardless of personal beliefs and laws im smoking the hams on her in the morning marinated with italian dressing and i can only imagine the tender venison sandwhiches  thats going to be meals for a few days. dang im getting hungry just thinking about it. thanks to all that replied this has been an interesting post into peoples personal beliefs .