Author Topic: BBO Takedown (not for BOM)  (Read 6154 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: BBO Takedown
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 08:36:18 am »
That's very nice.  Even the serving on the string loops adds to the beauty and symmetry of the bow.  I don't  see a pin for indexing like is sometimes used on a 3-piece glass laminated bow.  How do you keep the limb tips in alignment?  Anyway, that really is a gorgeous bow.  Thanks for posting it.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: BBO Takedown
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 12:10:07 pm »
Jeff.  The angle is shallow, maybe 15 degrees, but I couldn't tell you exactly what it is.  The layout was a picture in my mind

George.  If you look at the picture of the bow taken apart you will see the brass pin that keeps the limbs aligned
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: BBO Takedown (not for BOM)
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 12:16:10 pm »
Full Draw looks perfect.  Great bow Marc.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline sulphur

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 06:32:35 pm »
great as always!  one thing i really want to ask about is your string.  Could you post a bit about how you make your strings?  it looks like an endless loop.  All i have ever made are flemish twist strings, but really would like to try something with a little less creep.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »
I like this design Marc. Ill bet it is difficult to get the alignment perfect on the limbs.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah