Author Topic: josh (update: gettin discharged!)  (Read 14181 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: Josh
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 02:23:15 am »
Great news, Josh  Rest, recover and relax.  I'm sure you'll be posting some awesome bow again real soon. :)  God bless.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: josh (update: gettin discharged!)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:38 pm »
thanks again for the prayers and good wishes. i get to go home today!!!!  my wife is on her way to come get me and take me home.  ...now if i can just get back to building and shooting bows again i will be all set. i don't think i have ever wanted to build a bow as badly as I do right now. talk again soon. :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline NTD

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:35:39 pm »
Outstanding news Josh.  It really is an addiction, you're sitting there in the hospital and worried bout building bows :P  When you start working on shooting again you be sure and let us know if that Rehab bow of yours is still a bit too heavy.  We'll have ya a new one whipped up in no time ;)  Rest up and allow that lovely lady to dote on you.
Nate Danforth

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 12:56:06 pm »
Great news,you will be at it before you know.Take care. :) :) :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:18 pm »
Great News.....just remember....don't do any more than you know you can handle...don't  want any set backs...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 05:26:05 pm »
Glad you are doing well!
Frank from Germany...

Offline adb

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:34 pm »
Glad to hear you're on the mend! Take it easy pardner... don't over-do-it too soon. You'll have lots of time to build bows after you're 100%.  ;)

Offline RG

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 11:07:13 pm »
Take it slow Josh What a feeling when you have been in the hospital and had all that done to you and you walk back in your
own house pretty cool isn't it

Ron

Offline Keenan

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 12:18:08 am »
Good to hear Josh, Just take it slow bud, you have allot of time ahead to make bows ,,,,but that day is not this day,,, ;)  trust me on this one when they say you need to give 8 weeks for the sternum to heal, that dose NOT MEAN  6 WEEKS.  You will feel better and be getting around but if you start doing to much you'll be watching  your chest flex like a Cerf cut in a board. Trust  me bro and follow docs orders. 

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 12:24:30 am »
I cracked my sternum playing a pickup rugby game in high school...it took several months to get back to "normal."  Good luck brother!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 01:53:45 am »
thanks guys!  i plan to follow my doc's instructions down to the letter. i'm not doing anything until he says it's okay to do it. being in the orthopaedic field i get to see lots of re-injurys from impatient patients and out of all the ones i have seen around 90% were in my age group.so yeah i know the consequences of overdoing it too soon but thanks for reinforcing that sound advice.  yes Ron  it felt so good to come back home and walk back inside for the first time. especially since i almost hadmyself convinced i wasn't coming back before i left. kinda changes the way you see things and puts a lot of stuff in perspective. :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 02:11:54 am »
I told You not to worry about that...You were in the Best Hands Possible....I knew the Outcome was to be a good one.... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 08:47:02 am »
Glad to hear you're doing better. like the others said follow the instructions and take it slow.Best wishes. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?