Author Topic: The magic of winter  (Read 4202 times)

Offline bcbull

Re: The magic of winter
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 10:49:06 am »
jd  good advice for him there also  hawkeye im gonna tell ya S TRIGHT  IF YA GO CUTTIN HONEY LOCUST U MAKE DAMN SURE YA HAVE SAFTY GLASSES  LEATHER GLOVES BOOT S THE  WORKS  AND DO NOT GET THE THRONS  STUCK IN YA  THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO BE POISON  AND CAUSE VERY BAD IN FECTIONS THEY AINT NO JOKE  IF I EVER CUT ONE I TAKE MY CHAIN SAW TO THE  THRONS  KNOCK EM OFF  BEFOR I EVEN CUT THE TREE DOWN  I EVEN WEAR A FACE SHILD  AND WELDERS LEATHER JACKET  DOIN IT  CUZ YA DO NOT WANT EM IN YOU      BROCK

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 01:52:50 pm »
Hawkeyes, if I were you, I would fashion some type of sled to put the logs on, something like a toboggan, maybe with tin framed with wood.  I'd think a bow saw would make cutting the logs easier than using an ax.

heh, i have a bowsaw :P just not a chainsaw

also, how long would the toboggan have to be for some of the nice long logs here?

jd  good advice for him there also  hawkeye im gonna tell ya S TRIGHT  IF YA GO CUTTIN HONEY LOCUST U MAKE DAMN SURE YA HAVE SAFTY GLASSES  LEATHER GLOVES BOOT S THE  WORKS  AND DO NOT GET THE THRONS  STUCK IN YA  THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO BE POISON  AND CAUSE VERY BAD IN FECTIONS THEY AINT NO JOKE  IF I EVER CUT ONE I TAKE MY CHAIN SAW TO THE  THRONS  KNOCK EM OFF  BEFOR I EVEN CUT THE TREE DOWN  I EVEN WEAR A FACE SHILD  AND WELDERS LEATHER JACKET  DOIN IT  CUZ YA DO NOT WANT EM IN YOU      BROCK

heh, trust me, poisoned or not, i dont want those buggers in me :P, i wear steel toed boots, safety glasses, gloves, the whole 9 yards     do not have a face shield, or a leather jacket, but, thanks for the warning

"If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you build within come tumbling down
And a new world will begin" ----- Queensryche, "Silent Lucidity

R.H , Southeastern PA/Western PA.

Offline Kitsu

• Räven bakom masken
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 06:28:36 pm »
really wish i had a camera, took a gorgeous black locust from a "burn pile", it already had the bark a bit charred, but my guess, since the fire was yesterday... it was too frozen to effect the heartwood. we'll find out :P

split straight,  no curves or twists, and had a bit of a reflex on most of the staves.

i havnt gotten to sealing it yet, mostly because it is still defrosting, and glue wont stick to frozen wood :P, but... before i chase the wood, should i even bother with this piece, since it was already "burnt", even though it appears fine?
"If you open your mind for me
You won't rely on open eyes to see
The walls you build within come tumbling down
And a new world will begin" ----- Queensryche, "Silent Lucidity

R.H , Southeastern PA/Western PA.