Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 168382 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2007, 04:44:22 pm »

Marius, really glad to hear you're getting to come! Lookin' forward to meeting all of you "Redneck Gentlemen".   I'm sure we'll all get along just like pea's in a pod. ;D

Pat, Pappy's pretty sensitive about what beer is drank at Twin Oaks because of his patronage to his employer. He will just kiddingly give you a hard way to go. Might ought to have some huggies to camoflage those cans. ;)

We spent a good part of the day yesterday and some on Friday reflexing hickory blanks. I think we're going to be further along on our blanks than any year so far. We should have all of them straightened and reflexed ahead of time. I don't know if any of you guys are interested in hickory or not. If you are let Pappy and I know and we'll try to set some of the better ones aside for you with your name on them. :)

Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
Greg, I wouldn't insult the host so Marius will have to suffer the whole weekend without PBR.  ;D I'm sure he will be heart broken  :'( but he's a big boy and it's about time he acted that way.  ;D
  I found a few pieces of birch bark long enough to cover a limb. It's coming with me. ;)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2007, 02:27:52 am »
i don't know pat, i might have to reconsider my participation.  i mean, you can't lure a man in and then not keep your promisses.  ;D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2007, 06:42:34 am »
No problem,Pat we sell PBR,Not much but some  ;D I can't wait this is going to be a blast.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2007, 08:56:12 am »
So what is the official politically correct brand of beer for the Tn. Classic? Hope it ain't Coors ;D  :o  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2007, 09:08:46 am »
As long as it don't have eagles on it that would be A.B. we sell it.That is Miller,Coors P.B.R
and almost any import  there are.Don't worry I give guests I reprive. ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2007, 11:44:31 am »
Pappy you remind me of my friend Ray, he's been workin for a Miller beer distributor for about 25 years,
No Bud fer him either. Forget the PBR swamp water guys get some Strohs ;D

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2007, 11:50:25 am »
Dana, Spell Strohs backwards. That is what it is made of! ;D    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2007, 11:56:52 am »
Dats an oldie Pat, when I was kid growing up all anyone drank up here was PBR or Strohs, the poor people drank Blatz.
Now everyone drinks Lite, Bud, Lite(might as well be water), Mic Ultra(yuck) or some other preppy concoction.

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2007, 12:52:20 pm »
Growing up we drank PBR. I didn't hear about Strohs until I visited my sister and her husband in Chicago in the early 70s. That's when Chris told me about spelling it backwards. He was from Winnetka, Ill. Come to think of it, the early 70s was the oldies. ;D   Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2007, 01:59:58 pm »
Actually I'm not drinking any beer at present, I was drinking a bit too much so I had to cut it out.
But my favorite brand has always been FREE BEER ::)

DanaM

Manistique, MI

Dustybaer

« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2007, 02:09:02 pm »
speaking of which, i just looked up the customs limitations on alcohol: i'm allowed to bring 1 liter of beer.  don't they know a german won't even make it thru customs on one liter?  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2007, 02:21:10 pm »
Dana, I don't drink very much myself...usually just a water man. But when I do occasionally drink a beer, it's the "free" type you were referring to. ;D
Greg

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2007, 10:50:02 pm »
Pat, forgot to thank you for planning to bring the birch bark...thanks! :)
Greg

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2007, 12:51:34 am »
Greg, The planning part is over...its coming!!! ;)     Pat