Author Topic: Trip to Maine  (Read 2220 times)

Offline NTD

Trip to Maine
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:39:13 pm »
Well we flew into Phoenix last night at midnight.  Got home to Tucson at 3am and was up at 5:30 for work...needless to say I dragged butt at work today ;D

When we arrived in Maine my Dad was still in the hospital.  He was still having V-tachs and they were playing with a medication to limit the Defib from firing off.  He ended up being released Tuesday afternoon.  This was nice and allowed us to spend some quality family time together.  He's not really out of the woods nor will ever really be.  They can't operate and his only option is a transplant but due to my father's lifestyle choices he's hardly elligible for one.  So now it's just stubborness that seems to be keeping him going.  As I expected I was a total weenie in the cold.  Got to shovel some snow for oldtimes sake too ;D  We had a Birthday Party for Mackenzie and she had fun with that.  Here's some pics for those interested.

Nate Danforth

Lombard

Re: Trip to Maine
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:57:28 pm »
Hi Nate, glad to hear your Dad is doing a little better. It is hard to watch parents become frail. My Dad had a stroke four years ago, and has never been the same since. What hospital did your Father receive his care at? I know the cardiac center in Lewiston,  has come a long way and is probably tops in the state of Maine now. My wife is from the Pittsfield area in Somerset county, and our brother in law just got home from the Lewiston hospital, they saved his life there.

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:11:00 pm »
Hey Dave,

He was in Lewiston.  He was first brought to Inland in Waterville and then was transported immediatly to CMMC.  I heard a lot of good things about that hospital as well and my Dad was happy with the care he received there.  I'm glad to hear they were able to help your brother.
Nate Danforth

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 10:56:13 pm »
The pics of your dad with that little tyker on his lap are priceless.  Thanks for sharing. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:48:14 pm »
Glad you were able to see your dad and that your family had a safe trip.  I'm sure your dad really appreciated your visit, and being able to see his granddaughter.  Looks like she enjoyed her first birthday cake!

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 04:39:37 pm »
Glad you had a safe trip and got to spend time with family. That little girl has the most beautiful eyes.
God bless,
Jeff
Genesis 27: 3

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »
Boy that cake looks good my mom always said if you got it all over you it was good. Best wishes for you're dad.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?