Author Topic: Book Resources  (Read 4144 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Book Resources
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:14 am »
Bow books:

Traditional Bowyer Bibles (1-4)- AKA TBB-  I've been working out of the 2nd one with the recurve section lately.

Hunting the Osage Bow by Dean Torges-  Fun story to read with a good explanation of most you need for working with Osage

Bows & Arrows of the Native Americans- Jim Hamm- Good information about working with traditional materials

Encyclopedia of Native American Bows, Arrows, and Quivers (Volumes 1 & 2)- Tons of pictures and measurements if you want to try and replicate pieces from different tribes.

The Bent Stick by Paul Comstock-  Good book about different white woods.  This was my first and still one of my favorites.

DVD- Hunting the Bamboo Backed Bow by Dean Torges-  Great DVD if you are more visual and want to build a backed bow.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 11:17:54 am »
Knapping:

I've been trying to learn, but only so much time for hobbies.  The books I own are:

The Art of Flintknapping by DC Waldorf.  Tons of pictures on the basics and good step-by-step guide.

Overstreet Guide to Indian Arrowheads-  A lot of cool information about the different types of arrowheads
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »
my favorite flintknapping book is by whittaker. dont remember the name. 'reading the forested landscape' is a must have for any naturalist. the foxfire series for redneck livin skills is excellent also, has everything from butchering to moonshine.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct