Author Topic: ? for Half Eye about Mollegabet levers  (Read 2882 times)

Offline JonW

? for Half Eye about Mollegabet levers
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »
I am looking to put some reflex in the levers to bring them forward of the handle. Not recurve them but keeping the levers straight. I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject. (or anyone else's for that matter)  :)

Jon W.

Offline adb

Re: ? for Half Eye about Mollegabet levers
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »
I'm just wondering how you would reflex a non-bending lever?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:04:11 pm »
It seems to me that with the molle design you are already stressing the small bending portion of the bow plenty. Adding reflex would only add more stress.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline half eye

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:26 pm »
JonW,
      I have made a couple like that. In each case I steam bent the levers right at the lever fades. I'm not so sure that the lever tips were very far ahead of the grip though. Personaly I did not see enough of a performance difference to make the work worthwhile.
With the stiff levers, I believe that you are better served to make the levers as thin as possible (without bending) instead of angling them forword. You'll get better performance from the thin levers.
      The other thing is that with the levers forward, you will increase the brace height and shorten the power stroke. That is my take on it since I built those two, and while they looked cool, the straight ones shot better. Straight is all I make now.
Hope that answers your question.
rich

Offline JonW

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:22 am »
Thanks Rich, that is just the info I was looking for. This will be my third Molly and I just really like the way these bows draw and shoot.

Jon W.