Linked Events

• 14th Tennessee Classic: April 29, 2011 - May 01, 2011

Author Topic: 14TH Tennessee Classic  (Read 125221 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 14TH Tennessee Classic
« Reply #555 on: May 02, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »
David, Sorry for the troubles and pain you guys are having down there. My thoughts are with all that were affected.
  Hope to see you and your son at the next Classic.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #556 on: May 02, 2011, 02:37:58 pm »
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
It could have been so much worse for us.
It could not be any worse for some people.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #557 on: May 02, 2011, 03:59:40 pm »
I'm very sorry David! Glad your personal family is okay.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #558 on: May 02, 2011, 04:17:07 pm »
 I'm very sorry David. Missed seeing you guys but I'm real glad yall were safe. We missed it crossing I75 about 45 minutes late on the way up to the Classic. We saw what it did in the light on the way home and were amazed at the devastation.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline BearG

« Reply #559 on: May 02, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »
David glad to here you and yours are ok.  
And the winner of the PatB. bow and quiver outfit is yours truly.
Had a great time, met a lot of new great people.  And met a new true friend by the name of Keenan,  wish we could have had more time to talk.
Thanks Miss Joanie, Pappy, and all the Twin Oaks crew for putting on a world class event.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #560 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »
Congrats Bear. I'm glad to know the set went to a good home. I will be able to sleep comfortably at night now!  :D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BearG

« Reply #561 on: May 02, 2011, 05:10:24 pm »
 ;D
Congrats Bear. I'm glad to know the set went to a good home. I will be able to sleep comfortably at night now!  :D
;D
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #562 on: May 02, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »
just to let every one at twin oaks know we had a great time can't wait to next year made it home around 10.30 last night .
bryan irwin

Offline Mickey

« Reply #563 on: May 02, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »
weather again...what can I say.Record amounts of rain and flooding up here too. May started the same way. 5 days of rain this week and more flooding.  I'll get there one of these years, I swear. Glad those that made it had a great time.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #564 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:22 pm »
With the sunshine we had at the Classic I was expecting to see the Ferret Skooter coming around the corner any time, but sadly it never happened.  8)  Next year should be the one Mickey.  ;)

Offline Timo

« Reply #565 on: May 02, 2011, 11:32:39 pm »
I figured since I didn't go that the weather would be good!    Glad to hear you all had a great time. Work called me finally last week and with the bad winter we had, I couldn't pass it up. maybe next year.

Offline Timo

« Reply #566 on: May 02, 2011, 11:34:15 pm »
I dbl clutch.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #567 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:52 pm »
Just a note to say we did make it home safely and are glad to be here. The classic was sunny for the most part and a great time to relax with familiar faces and new acquaintances, plenty to eat, buy, see, and do. I don't know where else you can see a 13year old banjo player and a 5 year old girl throwing a "hawk" at a target in the same place!
My gratitude to John Price for setting up our accommodations with Bear, and to Bear for allowing us to stay with him.
My only two regrets are, not being able to spend more time with a favorite friend, and not being able to say goodbye to everyone I wanted to due to the rain on Sunday morning when we pulled out.
For those of you that didn't make it, we wish you could have, for those who were affected by the dangerous weather we pray for you, and for those of you that made the Classic possible we thank you.
Until next year good health to everyone and we'll keep in touch thanks to PA
VB and Mrs. VB

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #568 on: May 03, 2011, 02:25:36 am »
After attending my first Classic I would like to thank Miss Joanie,Pappy, GregB and all of the Twin Oaks Bowhunters.

What a GREAT crew!
You guys,and Gals put on a first class shoot!
I had a wonderful time and met a lot of Great people, the bowyers and knappers were amazingly talented and helpful.
It's only been a day since it ended and I can't wait until next year!

THANKS TWIN OAKS!!!!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #569 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:14 am »
Glad all got home safe,it was a great event again this year,I am worn out but well worth the trouble.David hope all goes good with the clean up.Or weather wasn't bad till Sunday. I will have pictures and scores up in a few day,just got some catching up to do at work and home.Thanks guy you all were a great help and sure couldn't pull this off without yall. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good