Author Topic: finished osage bow  (Read 5756 times)

Offline jwillis

Re: finished osage bow
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 01:05:26 pm »
Thanks guys.  Yes I like the way it shoots.  Its a little loud.  Not sure if its the new string, the brace height or I just need to add some silencers?  I have some otter fur I was going to try on it.
Does it have a bit of vibration making it loud, or do you think it is just the string? Jim

Offline Gaur

Re: finished osage bow updated with video
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:08 pm »

I did this little video of shooting my bow.  (click on the picture and it opens the photobucket video). It's shooting pretty quiet now.  I added some otter string silencers.  I re checked the weight and it is pulling 61# @ 28 :.  I was still babying it a bit in the video and not really hitting full draw.  I've now shot it for at least 300 arrows and its still shooting well.   Sorry I didn't get the camera back a little farther to get the upper tip in the frame.  My friend was shooting a Ben Pearson Colt 41# @ 29"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:37:13 pm by Gaur »
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 02:47:54 pm »
Very nice osage bow!  Love the art work.  Bookmarked for Feb. BOM contest!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Gaur

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:25 pm »
Thanks Josh.  I'm really liking how it shoots.  Won the traditional shoot the other day (only 4 participants but still fun and I was the only person shooting a homemade bow).
"...He made me a polished arrow and hid me in His quiver." Is 49:2