Author Topic: Something I made for a trade  (Read 4754 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Re: Something I made for a trade
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:19 pm »
Very nice detail...great work.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:44 pm »
Beautiful work there!!  What would it take to get one for my classroom?  In the form of trading?  criveraville
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 03:40:49 pm »
What would you consider a fair trade? I'm always looking for sinew, arrow materials, staves and pretty much anything I can turn into something else :) If you have anything already made or that you make I would be happy to consider that also. Thanks for the offer and if you have a specific animal for the block or wood allergies to take into consideration just let me know, some people are allergic to rosewoods (cocobolo) for instance.

Regards,
Michael C.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »
It looks and sounds better. I could not be happier with my flute. Michael is very talented and I will cherish this flute. Maybe Michael and me should start music store! ;D
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 04:48:36 pm »

Very nice!  I think I would like to meet you designer friend.  She sounds like my kinda woman!!! ;D ::) >:D
Maybe you could steam the flute and put a bend in it like Dizzy Gilespie's horn, and then give it the......name..... >:D
That is a nice flute.  I bought directions for one, and had some cedar drying , and when I went to check on it, it was ruined by beetles.  So I will have to keep my eye out for some more.  A build along would be nice.  Pm me if you were to sell them.  I don't have a lot to trade, except knives.  Have you ever tried to make on out of Sitka spruce? 

Wayne

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 08:10:45 pm »
Michael, I have lots of things I would be willing to trade. Italian leather off a sofa, tan in color, turkey and pheasent feathers, slats of moso bamboo, 1 inch thick boards of pecan, Osage, mulberry, slippery elm, hackberry and ash. I logged it my self and my friend milled it for me. It's been seasoning for 5 years. I also have lots of knapped bird, small game and deer sized points. And lots of snake skins.. Long bull snakes. Let me know. I love the bear. No allergies to the materials. But I've changed my mind. Not for me. For my wife for Mother's Day. She teaches too.

Let me know what you would be interested in and I can email you pics..

criveraville
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 08:51:54 pm »
I sent you an email to your yahoo account criveraville.

What kind of knives do you make or have stickbender, I can always use an extra :)
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:21 pm »
 :o
Genesis 27: 3

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 11:43:40 am »
I've started the build along over here, but with the bow trade, quiver trade and two/three flute trades it will probably be off and on :)

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,24374.0.html

Cicero

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 01:12:40 am »
It looks and sounds better. I could not be happier with my flute. Michael is very talented and I will cherish this flute. Maybe Michael and me should start music store! ;D

I would be all for starting a music site If I thought I could keep up with it, I have to many stinking hobbies at the moment though :) I actually have a flute site at the moment but it's not active, just stopped making them for so long and almost forgot I could make them until the Christmas trade.

Cicero