Author Topic: world record attempt  (Read 13815 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: world record attempt
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:33 pm »
im curious why i would get criticism ???
Because pulling super heavy bows is not just hard on the muscles, it is hard on the skeleton. Your skeleton is still growing and putting a lot of stress on it can cause permanent damage that can be crippling. I know the urge to draw heavy weights is the same as the draw to bench more or squat more or all of those other things that men do because of testosterone. But be careful, it isn't worth a permanent disability. 
Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »
im curious why i would get criticism ???
Because pulling super heavy bows is not just hard on the muscles, it is hard on the skeleton. Your skeleton is still growing and putting a lot of stress on it can cause permanent damage that can be crippling. I know the urge to draw heavy weights is the same as the draw to bench more or squat more or all of those other things that men do because of testosterone. But be careful, it isn't worth a permanent disability. 
Justin
thanks for the warning,and don't worry my body is used to heavy weights, i've been benching 250 for 3 years, but i still watch out for any signs of injury
thanks
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline RyanY

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 12:07:23 am »
Noel, I pretty much went through this discussion a while ago on here. I haven't had time to work on drawing heavy bows but I do want to get back into it eventually. There's a guy on here, Marlon Torrez, who goes by heavybows who is ridiculously strong and still struggles to break the world record. Check him out on his youtube channel and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try but take your time. You're mind will push you past your body's limits and that's what causes injury. Listen to your body and good luck.

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2011, 12:18:04 am »
Noel, I pretty much went through this discussion a while ago on here. I haven't had time to work on drawing heavy bows but I do want to get back into it eventually. There's a guy on here, Marlon Torrez, who goes by heavybows who is ridiculously strong and still struggles to break the world record. Check him out on his youtube channel and you'll see what I mean. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try but take your time. You're mind will push you past your body's limits and that's what causes injury. Listen to your body and good luck.
thanks for the encouragement ;D, i will look him up, my new revised goal is set record for minors with a years and half more training, then in the next 5-10 years  train for the all around record. slowly building up my body

Offline CelticArcher

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 05:27:51 am »
i take my hat of to you!! i'm 18 and at the moment i use a 175lb @ 32" english warbow. i thought she was heavy; she's the highest draw weight at my local club. Keep it up!!

Offline peasant1381

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 06:48:07 am »
Hi Celtic Archer. Whereabouts in Oz are you based?. There's a warbow outfit in Victoria who would love to get in touch with someone shooting 175lbs. I didn't know RH produced warbows of such a high poundage.

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 07:21:13 pm »
i take my hat of to you!! i'm 18 and at the moment i use a 175lb @ 32" english warbow. i thought she was heavy; she's the highest draw weight at my local club. Keep it up!!
no, right now, hats off to you ;D, i will hopefully be where you are by the end of the summer

Offline CelticArcher

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 03:27:01 am »
Hi Celtic Archer. Whereabouts in Oz are you based?. There's a warbow outfit in Victoria who would love to get in touch with someone shooting 175lbs. I didn't know RH produced warbows of such a high poundage.

I'm in South-East Queensland :)

Richard can make practically anything if you request it. I've ordered several bows in the past from him so he knows me well!! Unfortunately my numro uno is my only RH bow; the very same bow has inspired me to build my own heavyweight warbow! :D

Offline nidrinr

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:17:23 am »
There are lots of warnings about heavy weight causing injury, and all of them are meant to save people from getting them.
-I think the most important for avoiding them is not avoiding heavy bows, but develloping a good technique before you go for the heavy weights.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:16 pm »
I would be very interested to see a full draw picture of that bow, can we have some specs what sort of distance can it achieve and what type of yew is it.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline fishfinder401

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 06:40:07 pm »
There are lots of warnings about heavy weight causing injury, and all of them are meant to save people from getting them.
-I think the most important for avoiding them is not avoiding heavy bows, but develloping a good technique before you go for the heavy weights.

i realise that, thats why currently im going to stay around the 120-150 range, right now im comfortable doing that and can do it for long periods but i want to make sure i am fully acclimated beyond what i can initially feel. i am hoping to graduate from that range by the end of the summer and then get into some serious stuff ;). i will be doing this hopefully with heavy weights which i have been slacking off on latley