Main Discussion Area > English Warbow

Another J. D. Duff Yew War Bow (Finally)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Glennan:
Jaro,

I can well believe Tudor bows had the more ornate nocks.  I'm certainly not doubting their authenticity.  There seems to be a fashion change towards the more ornate at the end of the 15th century; especially when compared to the late 14th century.

If you look at pictures of bows from the late 14th century if there's any nock at all, it seems no more than the tip of the bow coloured black.

And, as I said, I just prefer the simple nocks.  That's not to say I don't have bows with ornate nocks on them.  :-)

SimonUK:
Looks like an absolutely perfect tiller JD ...and great performance from it too. Jaro's right, im sure you could have a longer drawlength. I'm a shortass and I can draw 31 or 32 inches albeit with a lighter bow.

Kviljo:
That looks pretty awesome! Great pictures too! :)

Both are 77" ntn and 110# at the same draw-lenght? It would be interesting to hear what their mass is.
How thick is it at the middle?

Yeomanbowman:
Another triumph Josh :)
My main criteria for nocks is that the little blighters stay on, not something that is always easy to achieve (even with ye olde acetone and araldite), I've found. 
What depth of cone did you use and how do you feel the squarer section has influenced the performance? 
No need to show-off how many nice bows you have waiting to be released from those staves.  If I had a green-headed 'jealous' emoticon I would use it!.
Cheers,
Jeremy

Justin Snyder:
Nice bow JD. Ill bet you can shoot a caribou without even leaving the road with that one.  ;D Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version