Author Topic: 1000th post  (Read 3316 times)

Online Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 1000th post
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
you'll fit right in, bj.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 12:38:09 pm »
Thanks Pat I feel comfortable here therefore I babble on.lol.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »
Congrats and Glad you stuck around, great bunch of folks here for sure and as Pearl said I have meet some of my very best friends here. :) Guess I am chatty also Marc. ;) :)
 Pappy

It is a bunch of great folks here.  I keep wondering what makes it work.  My ideas:
1. the above-mentioned good folks
2. A shared love of making things
3. The trading culture--I am really interested about how the trading post and the annual trades that create a culture of sharing and helping that promote cooperation and generosity.  As I understand it, the trading was introduced for financial/commercial reasons to avoid competing with the sponsors of the magazine, and so maybe it was something of an accident.  But I think it may be one of the most important elements that make this place work.

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 07:24:32 pm »
Jeff, trading has been going on since the beginning of times. If you have what I want(need) and I have what you want(need) and we come to consensus it's a trade. The good part is...no money involved. And I agree with you about how trades bring us together.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 04:58:13 am »
Jeff I get two magazines PA is one probably can't say the other but it's a outdoor hunting trapping fishing magazine. I've  looked at many others but I just feel like they are cover to cover advertising. I don't even mind the boughten adds, I realize that's how the magazine makes its money to stay in business. I really don't like the articles that are just subliminal adds that the writers are getting free stuff or $$ to mention or write complete articles about. I like the down to earth articles and post from real people with no hidden agenda. I love this site and its rules. I think it runs great because of the people it attracts and the rules sit up and monitored that are simple,reasonable and easy to follow. I remember one day this past year the site was down. It really made me realize how much I would miss all you fine people without it
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »
there is such a difference with trading over selling.  It seems every time I make a trade on this site, I make a new friend. Each person has gone out of their way to make sure I felt like I was dealt with fairly, and no matter how hard I try, my partner does something to make me feel like I got the better end of the deal.