Author Topic: Snake Skinning day  (Read 38960 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Re: Snake Skinning day
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 01:01:34 am »
Ry about that.. I calls you nature. Wayne, there is a thought, but I think that's not a good idea for me. I'm the only man on campus O:)
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:15 am »

I see your point.  ;)  None the less......on your last day before retirement......the ones that were always giving you trouble...... >:D :o
                                                                                    Wayne

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 11:58:31 am »
My wife got a little mad when she found a beaver head wrapped up in the freezer.  It only took here 4 months to find it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

HatchA

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 12:18:42 pm »
When I clean out my freezer, all I find is some old chicken nuggets :( 

Too funny!! :D :D :D

(and too true, too! )

Offline criveraville

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:15:56 pm »
Oh I had beaver issues too... Last summer my dad shot one in his creek... I brought it home, but it in a bag and put it in the bottom drawer, well it smelled after a few days... not happy.. but I did skin it..  ;D
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

HatchA

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 06:19:08 pm »
Nothin worse than a smelly beaver.

:-\

I ain't gonna say a word....

Offline criveraville

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »
Fish and guest smell bad after 3 days.... Ben Franklin

Offline criveraville

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 02:47:16 pm »
Here's one of the big boa's before getting all the flesh off..

Offline criveraville

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:51 pm »
This is the last of the snakes.. 4 rattlers, 5 cooperheads, lots of bull snakes and some I dont know what they are 40 total

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:48:53 pm »
Holy Cow that is a lot of scales... ;D

Wish ya lived closer, I have a bunch of hawks that would LOVE to eat all those thawed snake carcasses.

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 10:50:25 pm »
That last bunch looks real purdy...

I sure wish we had snakes here

Offline criveraville

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 02:31:24 am »
Lee, it is a bunch.. Skinned em on Saturday and tacked 20 skins. Lots and lots of work.. I won't let them pile up like that any more.. You would be welcomed to them.. Must have tossed out 100 lbs of snake carcasses.. Thanks Cameroo... Yea, but y'all have monster bucks, mule deer elk.. We have snakes and lots of em :o

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 10:34:14 am »
Hey Criveraville, what state are you from?  Just curious after seeing the variety of snakes you had there...thanks~

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline criveraville

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »
Lee, I am in Texas.. Lots of different kinds of snakes here.. and that is just a bunch from one county!!!

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »
All I can say is..... god how I hate snakes!!! I got the chills just looking at your pics!!!  Everyone has that one thing they are scared to death of, mine is... snakes!!!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania