Linked Events

• Presque Isle Shoot: May 27, 2011 - May 29, 2011

Author Topic: Presque Isle shoot....Who's comming this year?  (Read 18202 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Presque Isle shoot....Who's comming this year?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 08:49:06 am »
Sorry I am Missing it, I am bumbed,if I didn't have the cabin to go to this weekend I really would be down. :'( >:(Hope yall have a big time and great turn out.I am sure you will. Hope Maw keeps Chuck straight, I know that is a full time job for her. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 09:10:24 am »
We'll miss ya Pappy.  Chuck didnt make it either.
Thanks Pat!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline rollinman

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 07:07:38 pm »
I figure that the quality of an archery shoot can be judged by the effort of the club members to make their guests happy. Your club is always top notch. Everything was excellent and I am looking forward to next year. Thanks for a great weekend,John.
Fat,drunk,and stupid is no way to go through life son... Dean Wormer

blackhawk

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 10:24:32 pm »
I sure had fun in the mud. Thanks to all at P.I.F.A who hosted a fun event. There were some awesome selfbows and all wood bows there.

And thanks Ryano for letting us use the bow benches n stuff. Even tho we didn't get much work done cus we were too busy flapping our lips.

Take care....Chris

Offline Ryano

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 11:01:06 pm »
Thank you John ! We really appreciate that. Pat, Jim, Bill, Harry, and I and a few others bust our butts to make this shoot happen. It's people like you that make it worth all the effort!  ;D

Your more than Welcome Chris! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I only wish I'd of had more time to hang out with y'all and do some more scraping myself !

Offline GlennM

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 12:17:20 am »
We had an awesome time as usual.  Thanks for all the efforts with the courses. The rain held off and the mud made it memorable.  Thanks Ryan for the extra help.  Cant wait to shoot more of those gators.  "I think we got a treeshaker, Lisbeth!"  It is a shame that it always goes so fast.  Maybe we'll see some of you at Meadville in a few weeks.  I was most disappointed that I didn't bring my guitar to play with Ray.  He sepent a hour with us telling us about his mandolin.  I wont make that mistake again.

Glenn

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:16 am »
Had a great time.. Ryan..I really like the courses. You guys have came a long way since the first one. The girls and guys did a excellant job in the kitchen. I really enjoyed throwing the tomohawk....that was something new for me. I hated to leave on Sunday...Gonna try and make it every year. It was nice to meet ya.

Jon

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 05:47:33 am »
Here is a pic

blackhawk

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 01:44:14 pm »
Refering to the previous photo:standing down left in front(the short stubby shaved headed dude) is Jon(Straightarrow)  with his sweet Molly HHB. Poking out to the right of him with a green shirt on is Bill(HickoryBill) with a fine shooter piece of snakeskin backed osage. The guy in the red is Josh,I can't remember his handle name with a short Osage D bow. The guy in black is me with my musclewood. And the guys farthest to the rights name is Jon and I wont mention here what type of bow he has.

It sure was awesome to meet ya guys finally and im hopefully looking forward to more good times together.

Take care....Chris

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 08:11:38 pm »
I had a great time as well, got to meet some new people an renew an bs with some old ones. I traded some shafts for a few finshed arrows an tied  for first place ina little personal team event. We just count 10s an i tied with Ray Johnson ;D Thanks for the great shootin arrows Hickory Bill. an hope i didn,t get Blackhawk in trouble with to much knappin.

blackhawk

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 08:34:33 pm »
 :D  :D you did Bob. Im gonna start a thread in the knappin section as soon as I get a photo downloaded,starring you Bob. Thanks again.  >:D

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04:26 am »
Thank you to all at P.I.F.A.!!!
You guy's and gal's are awesome!
What a great shoot
We had a fantastic time
The food was great, the courses were fun and challenging(and MUDDY! :D)
And the smoker round was a BLAST!!! >:D

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 10:16:57 pm »
I really enjoyed this shoot. I can't wait for next years shoot.The courses where awesome and so was the food. I really enjoyed the the Tomahawk throwing as well.( maybe more than the shooting) It's very addicting!!! Thanks Ryan for a great weekend!!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Ryano

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2011, 11:05:38 am »
Nice pictures guys ! Keep 'em comming! I'm glad you all had a good time!

Offline BearG

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:00 pm »
Wish I could have been there.  Had plans to go to neices wedding, but ended up just staying home.  Trying to get over walking pnemonia got it almost as soon as I got back from the Classic.
Glad to here everyone had fun.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.