Author Topic: 48" Seneca Replica- 55#@23" (Now with full draw)  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Sidewinder

Re: 48" Seneca Replica- 55#@23" (Now with full draw)
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 02:39:50 pm »
Yes very nice work. You stuck that tiller spot on. Great job.   Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline NTD

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 03:08:03 pm »
Very nice work!
Nate Danforth

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »
hey, very nice bow, sweet tiller. Do hae the exact dimensions for this bow i've wanted to make one just like this for a while, but theres no info online...

The bow was made from a 1x2x1/2 board that was four feet long . It's made from red oak that had very, very thick growth rings and was very dense. 1.5 inches wide at the widest scallop. The side with out the scallops does not taper at all. The scallops are about 1/4 of and inch high, so the areas without the scallops are slighlty less than 1 1/4 inch wide at the narrowest point. I left 6 " between scallops for the handle area, and the space between all of the other scallops is 4". The last scallop ended up about 6 inches from the tip, and I tapered from there to a 7/8 inch wide fishtail pin nock, like the ones on many native bows. As far as width goes the center 6 inches is about 1/2 an inch thick and it tapers fairly straightly from there to 3/8 of and inch tips. (Before tillering). The tips ended up about 1/4 inch thick and I'm not sure on the mass but It is very light. If you need anything cleared up, just ask and Ill try to get some better dimensions. Good Luck.

Offline SiongSA

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 04:35:20 pm »
hey, very nice bow, sweet tiller. Do hae the exact dimensions for this bow i've wanted to make one just like this for a while, but theres no info online...

The bow was made from a 1x2x1/2 board that was four feet long . It's made from red oak that had very, very thick growth rings and was very dense. 1.5 inches wide at the widest scallop. The side with out the scallops does not taper at all. The scallops are about 1/4 of and inch high, so the areas without the scallops are slighlty less than 1 1/4 inch wide at the narrowest point. I left 6 " between scallops for the handle area, and the space between all of the other scallops is 4". The last scallop ended up about 6 inches from the tip, and I tapered from there to a 7/8 inch wide fishtail pin nock, like the ones on many native bows. As far as width goes the center 6 inches is about 1/2 an inch thick and it tapers fairly straightly from there to 3/8 of and inch tips. (Before tillering). The tips ended up about 1/4 inch thick and I'm not sure on the mass but It is very light. If you need anything cleared up, just ask and Ill try to get some better dimensions. Good Luck.

Thats all i needed to know, thanks alot

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:26 pm »
Very nice work.  Your bow looks great, you did a fine job.  I love the fact that you turned a 3 dollar board from Home Depot into such a fine weapon.  Job well done.
Traverse City, MI