Author Topic: Future skins  (Read 8281 times)

Offline Lemos

Re: Future skins
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:16 am »
I would never kill them just for skins but that don't mean I'm gonna let them go to waste if they die. That white speckle is crazy looking!  Cute kid too.

Offline NTD

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 12:56:42 am »
I would never kill them just for skins but that don't mean I'm gonna let them go to waste if they die. That white speckle is crazy looking!  Cute kid too.

That's my sentiments too.  My wife and I were discussing this the other day though.  Some snakes by the time they are old enough to go aren't the lookers they were in their younger days.  Jungle Carpets are one of those examples.  I have a female jungle carpet that is well over 20 years old and I'm expecting her to go at anytime...unfortunately she's not the knock out she used to be....but her 3 year old kids are screaming yellow and black..... >:D
Nate Danforth

Offline Lemos

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 01:57:40 am »
I hear ya. Thats why I tell my breeding friends to save me any of the little ones that don't make it, they can be used for arrow wraps. Heres a couple of mine the white and brown one is a pied ball,same type as the yellow. Ignore my friend trying to imatate a snake

Offline NTD

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 02:06:09 am »
I'm not a ball python guy, I prefer the aussie pythons for the most parts and I have the boas for my wife BUT....I just got a pair of het pied ball pythons from a friend who is a ball breeder....they are a means to an end though as soon as I get a high percentage pied from them I'm selling them >:D ;D

Nice pics and animals btw ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 02:33:14 am »
Kenia sweet looking skins!!! I'm with you and NTN!!! All my skins have been road kill that I pick up. Talk about recycling and going green O:) ;D :o

does not get any greener than that.. And for the most part very little damage to the skins
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline johnston

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 02:00:38 pm »
The snakes and Miss Mackenzie are very cool but I worry bout you crazy snake people!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:41 pm »
Nate:
The Boas and Pythons look like they are just happy to be there....
The rattlers always look like they are pissed off ;D

That white speckled....  Is that a species of rattler all by itself or is it a sub species??? 
Never seen anything like it.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline NTD

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »
David,

I can see what you mean about the rattlers...really the only pissed off one was sidewinder...I had to move something in her cage to get the pic.  They are usually quite content though.  They don't even rattle much at me anymore.

The white speckled is a Crotalus mitchelli there are 3 subspecies within the mitchelli species.  They only occur in Arizona and some parts of Nevada so that's probably why you haven't seen them.  Not all of them are as nice and white like that one but there are some even better than the one I posted.  I don't have a pair yet but I have some friends who breed them, I could go find my own pair on a road somewhere up north but with gas prices I might just wait for someone to get babies.  Although I'm sure if I find some roadkilled speckleds people here might like that ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 04:23:52 pm »
The white speckled would make a nice winter bow backing! 8)

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline NTD

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 04:37:49 pm »
The white speckled would make a nice winter bow backing! 8)

Bevan R

LOL yep maybe for where you live ;)  Not much snow here ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:56 pm »
I thought this year, EVERYONE got snow.  ;)

Bevan R
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline NTD

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
It did "snow" here, but where I came from we don't really call THIS snow ;)

Nate Danforth

Offline Postman

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 03:20:05 pm »
Pied ball pythons? Cha- ching! ;D Didn't know that one was genetic.
How big do the dwarf retics get?
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline NTD

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 03:23:12 pm »
Pied ball pythons? Cha- ching! ;D Didn't know that one was genetic.
How big do the dwarf retics get?

They weren't sure about the genetic basis for piebaldism for awhile with the ball pythons but yep it is.  The het's even have a distinctive marker for it.

There are dwarf retics and there are super dwarf retic.  The dwarfs are in the 12ft range...the Super dwarfs are about 6-7Ft max.
Nate Danforth

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »

Your dog looks like she has bubble gum on her face! ;D  Good looking dog.  Dang, I hope you are indeed careful with those critters. ;)  We had one in Lakeland, where Eddie lives, get loose and it killed a little girl who lived next door.  They are neat, and all, and I do believe from the pictures, you are not like some people who don't take the proper care of, and precautions with them.  I used to raise big scorpions, no not the African ones with huge pincers, just good ol South Florida black ones that reached about four to six inches long.  Nasty little critters, neat, but at the time my Buddy I was sharing the apt with, was afraid they would get out of the aquarium, so I got rid of them.  I was a Dental lab tech at the time, so another Friend of mine put some poison that I can't remember the name of now, on some plaster of Paris, and let it soak in, in a glass jar, and then I put the scorpion in and it went pretty quickly, and then, I cast it in silver.  Don't know, now what I ever did with it.  Had one I put in some acrylic.  Scorpions are like Lawyers, they serve a purpose, but you don't get attatched to them..... ::)  Can I get away with that? So you are like my place in Montana, we don't get a whole lot of snow, but an hour away, or up in the mountains, they do.  Give McKenzie a hug for me, and be safe out there in PD land, and keep your eyes peeled for the road kills, when it starts to thaw out, out there.  You have some beautiful patterns to choose from.   ;)  Do those cacti ever freeze?  Or do you ever get a real hard freeze come through?  We get an occasional hard freeze where I am going to live in Montana.  -8 this year.  About three hours from me there is a place  called Choteau, that gets lots of nasty weather, and they had 105 mph winds, come through, and then it dropped down to minus 20 something.  It is a very beautiful area, but I am glad that I don't have my house there!  Looks like you have plenty of room to practice your archery.  Even firearm shooting.  Take care, and keep the pictures coming.

Wayne