Author Topic: Oakwood Bow  (Read 8363 times)

Offline nathan elliot

Re: Oakwood Bow
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 04:59:39 pm »
Really nice bow, those tips are killer. For your second bow you defiantly have a certain style, looking forward to seeing your future bows.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 12:02:41 am »
Thanks everyone.  I really appreciate it!

briarjumper12 - I used some left over house paint my wife had used to paint some furniture for the back, handle and tips. I used acrylic paint for the details.  As for brushes I used a 1 inch brush to paint the base color on the back, handle and tips and a small basic paint brush (I can't remember the exact size) for the detail. I found it quite difficult to get good edges because it seemed like the grain wanted to grab the paint and pull it like a gutter directing rainwater.....  You can get acrylic paints and some basic paint brushes at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or probably even Wal-Mart or any Art supply stores you can find.  If you just get the colors you need it shouldn't be too expensive.... 
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

Offline briarjumper12

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:07:49 pm »
Thanks Arrow.  I may have to try some of that.  I won't be able to stand it till I do.

young indian12

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 07:35:02 pm »
nice bow, very elvish ;D

Offline IndianGuy

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 11:39:19 pm »
Very cool artwork!...as mentioned tiller is important, one limb being off can cause stress and breakage., looks like your well on the way though..hope to see more. ;D thanks for sharing.

Eric