Author Topic: Help me get to the Jamboree!  (Read 2684 times)

Offline profsaffel

Help me get to the Jamboree!
« on: March 12, 2011, 10:57:10 pm »
For the first time since joining the world of primitive archery, I have a legitimate shot at making a Selfbow Jamboree, the 13th Annual Ozarks coming in July. However, this probably won't happen unless I can make it a family outing.

No problem you say? Bring the wife and kid along? It's not that simple. See, my wife has ZERO interest in any outdoor activities. While I'd be content with camping in a survival shelter and living off of billy can beans, my wife wants a shopping mall and outlet stores.

So, to "help me get to the Jamboree," I need to know what is in the vicinity of Marshall that my 'princess' could do for a couple of days while I whittle on some staves and shoot the breeze with my PA pals. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prof
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
Re: Help me get to the Jamboree!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:53:38 pm »
Hey,Columbia isn't too far from Marshall,neither is Kansas City,plenty of antique shops and malls in either. Do a search on both,I;m sure you'll find something to her liking,plus there are hotels all around if you need to go that route. Plus its usually hot enuff to burst a can o beans then too,so plan for that.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline cracker

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 08:22:05 pm »
O.K. heres how you do it. Secretly load you're stuff in the truck and on the appropriate day you suddenly hop up out of you're chair and announce "I think I'm gonna go to the Jamboree for a few days" hop in the ol 3/4 ton ford and spray gravel all the way down the drive. AAAAAAAAAAAanndd when you get back in a few days she'll be so relieved to have her honey bunny back home that you won't even be in trouble. She'll make sure you're OK get you a beer fluff up the pillows in you're lounge chair make sure you're comfy go to the garage get the baseball bat and..........
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline nyarrow

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:30:06 am »
Cracker,

Thats about right...reminds me of the j/k, Why is a dog mans best friend? Lock your dog and wife in the trunk for a week and spring it open at weeks end and then see who's happy to see you!

Offline cracker

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 09:33:32 am »
In love and war there are risks that must be taken. Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02:41 pm »
Sedalia is south of Marshall and has some stuff to see plus there is a very nice swimming pool to go hang out at in Marshall.